Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with chocolate frozen yogurt recipe

Options
  • 16-12-2011 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I had a surplus of yogurt and rather than throw it out I decided to make a frozen yogurt dessert. I just used the yogurt, melted dark chocolate, good cocoa powder and some added sugar plus some lemon zest. The flavours worked really well, the sharpness of the yogurt, dark chocolate and lemon zest were just what I was looking for (with some sugar to tone it down) but the texture wasn't right.

I don't have an icecream maker so took it out of the freezer every 40-60 mins and whisked it (same as icecream) but it still lacked 'creaminess'. Next time I added a couple of egg yolks to the melted chocolate (with some of the yogurt to stop it becoming chocolatey scrambled eggs) and it was a little better but not enough.

Would a mix of egg yolks and cream added make the difference? or is there a 'trick' someone can tell me? Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement