Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accusations

• 16-12-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

What is it about the farming forum (I think it's fairly unique to here anyway) that every time someone proposes a differing view, or a view than might in any way be associated with the establishment (in whatever form that may take in a given discussion) that they're automatically assumed to be something or someone?

If you're not a civil servant then you must be an IFA man, a Journal man, maybe a Co-Op, or the Department, or worst of all, you must be a Zetor dealer.

Why are we such a presumptuous and suspicious bunch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

JohnBoy wrote: »
    What is it about the farming forum (I think it's fairly unique to here anyway) that every time someone proposes a differing view, or a view than might in any way be associated with the establishment (in whatever form that may take in a given discussion) that they're automatically assumed to be something or someone?

If you're not a civil servant then you must be an IFA man, a Journal man, maybe a Co-Op, or the Department, or worst of all, you must be a Zetor dealer.

I am none of the above.
    I am however, a porous yellow being that lives in a fruit in the ocean.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

The world is a cage full of mad monkeys and were just two of them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ah now now, it's the season of goodwill. Everyone fly out of their pigeon hole!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

if they are going to pay peanuts they are going to get monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

internet warriors; they say anything they want and hide behind their computer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

PMU wrote: »
    internet warriors; they say anything they want and hide behind their computer
    yup too true... wouldnt want to be minding what their saying at all... i wouldnt say they are brave enough to say it in real life though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Karen112 wrote: »
    I am none of the above.
    I am however, a porous yellow being that lives in a fruit in the ocean.:p

SpoungeKaren square pants:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I have to say that I think the F&F isn't so bad at all. The vast bulk of the regular contributors are reasonable helpful folk with no much axe to grind or hidden agendas.
    I on the other hand am a presumptous, suspicious, paranoid, pathological liar;). Probably.

Bizzum wrote: »
    I have to say that I think the F&F isn't so bad at all. The vast bulk of the regular contributors are reasonable helpful folk with no much axe to grind or hidden agendas.
    I on the other hand am a presumptous, suspicious, paranoid, pathological liar;). Probably.

I agree, Compare to after hours this forum is like a church!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Jaysus Redzer, compared to After Hours, Temple Bar at 4am of a weekend night is like a church.
    Maybe We should start posting in AH to up the street cred:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Zorbas

There is general disillusion with government (including the servants), Church and financial institutions so why be surprised that anyone who appears to represent the status quo comes in for an earfull. Its normal and anyone who works in or is associated with the Government and its lack of services generally needs to get a hard skin - no problem, its normal, relax , chill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

I'm confused as to what this thread is actually about??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Belongamick

I would tend to agree with Zorbas.
    Every 'pillar' in society has slipped into its own manure - banks, church, government. In recent years middle Ireland believed it was well off, could afford two or three houses (slatted ones even!) two holidays each year, new car annually. Now middle Ireland is paying for the greed and mistakes of others.
    I think everyone is more suspicious now, less believing and under more pressure - the chance to 'let off steam' may exist in cyber space!
    This Forum remains helpful, based on peoples life experiences and occupied by real people. Long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Tipp Man wrote: »

Good, I thought it was just me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mattthetrasher

why would ya come out with something like that?are you a department inspector or something:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farmcracker

He must be a zetor dealer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

somebody got out of the wrong side of bed this morning,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Ya, we've a Zetor Dealer living near us and he's always grumpy aswell...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It's the herd mentality, :P + very few of us on here actually like zetors

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

blue5000 wrote: »
    It's the herd mentality, :P + very few of us on here actually like zetors

This is just what were talking about
    Back up the very few:D thats what yer man is on about, thats presumptuous as you would get.....i quite like Zetors :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

maybe we could start a poll, Do you like zetors? Yes/No/ Don't know

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we had zetors years ago, 1 of them was so good my dad bought another the same to work along the good tractor, bought both brand new , the second 1 was crap:) ... but sure 50% success rate is good... i was only a nipper at the time so dont remember

We have a Zetor.....:(

Let the bashing commence....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 farmcracker

got an 89 zetor 5211 slurry spreading , square baling, drawing round bales,mowing ,great machine engine never touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

All I know is it is someone elses fault, not mine;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

What's a Zetor?

Mods will have to ban the word zetor from the forum to prevent every thread from turning in zetor bashing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I got back home to Kerry yesterday, and there's aa new pond in my back field, and someones moved the rock with the house name on it.

Was it a a Zetor dealer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Zorbas wrote: »
    There is general disillusion with government (including the servants), Church and financial institutions so why be surprised that anyone who appears to represent the status quo comes in for an earfull. Its normal and anyone who works in or is associated with the Government and its lack of services generally needs to get a hard skin - no problem, its normal, relax , chill out.
    Tipp Man wrote: »

I dunno, it just seems to be a default response in F&F, rather than argue the point, assume the other guy's working for "the man" It's very very common on this forum, and not something I've ever noticed before.

somebody got out of the wrong side of bed this morning,:D

This may in fact have been the bigger problem. A bloody server lost a disk during the night and I was called out of the bed at quarter past seven. I was not impressed.

My point still stands, but is really more of an observation than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

there i was reading the journal on thursday when all of a sudden out of no-where was an ad for a zetor

i still havent come to terms with the shock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

This thread saddens me :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

how is this thread on to its third page.:confused:

keep going wrote: »

Because we *ahem* 'keep going'...........

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

keep going wrote: »

Are you from da departmint or .....................................

a zetor dealer?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Maybe it was the Faeries wot made me a Magic Pond

Are Zetor Dealers Faeries ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement