Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with a 2010 Kia Rio

• 16-12-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2010 Kia Rio LX, it is 21 months old this month. It was bought from a reputable dealer near where I live.

I'm having problems starting it, sometimes its fine and will start no problem, and other times it just grumbles and groans for 10 minutes and will eventually start. I have power inside the car when it is refusing to start.

I've had it back at the dealer twice and they say it's started for them and there's nothing wrong with it. I dont claim to know very much about cars or motoring, but I get the feeling they assume because I'm a young girl that I havent got a clue.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows what my next step should be? Is there an agency who looks after car complaints and whatnot, or would it be worth my while getting a solicitor involved? or can anybody recommend what my next move should be?

THANKS!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bring it to a different dealer or contact KIA Ireland, leave the car with them for a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Thanks, will try Kia Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭swhyte027

If u no any one that's a mechanic get them to throw a eye over it sound like it could be drawing in air ocassionly if it takes that long to start or mayb a faulty crank shaft sensor.was it serviced before this started happing my money would be on something like a bad o ring on the fuel filter which some one mite have messed up.

Advertisement