Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk-in shower very slow to empty

• 16-12-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Hi all

As the title says my upstairs walk in shower has a blockage and is very slow to empty. After a minute of running the shower its overflowing into main part of bathroom.

This has happened before(not as bad though) and I've lifted trap and cleared hair etc and its sorted it.

Now the blockage seems to be further down the pipe and cleaning of the trap area has no affect.

How am I best tackling this? Pour chemicals down or else try to clear with one of those thin rods for smaller pipes?

Any advice welcome.
    Thanks
    Bull

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I usually wouldn't advocate chemicals but I think it's the best in this case.
    In all likelihood there Is a light flexible section from your shower, id he worried about ridding this as they are easily damaged and will leak, thus creating a bigger problem.

We have a similar shower and when the plunger doesn't clear it we use Mr Muscle drain cleaner and it does the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Is there any chance there is a cleaning eye on the outlet going to your stack(Outside)

Advertisement