Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GPS for €100?

• 16-12-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭

Or around that figure anyway...

Have been reading a load of reviews on the Tomtom Start 20 (kind of off-putting about the map updates) and on the Garmin 1340 Nuvi (loads more negative reviews).

So what's a good option here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Renn wrote: »
    Or around that figure anyway...

Have been reading a load of reviews on the Tomtom Start 20 (kind of off-putting about the map updates) and on the Garmin 1340 Nuvi (loads more negative reviews).

So what's a good option here?

Thanks!

I bought a tomtom for my first gps and never had anything bad to say about it. I was told tomtom are better and easier to use than garmin so I got tomtom. With all gps you "can" update the maps if you want but you don't have too. It comes with a preloaded map already and that will do you for the most part. Unless you wan to know every single new road that opens I don't bother with map updates. The new n7 motorway opened up near me it doesnt show on the gps because I didn't update but im not bothered with that. TomTom i best I think. Just on tomtom site there and cheapest they have is the start europe at 129.99. You might find it on ebay or amazon.co.uk for cheaper tho :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This has been asked over & over here.
    As always the advice is the same.
    Stick with TomTom or Garmin & you wont go wrong. Both update their maps 4 times a year. Both are on par with price & both have most of the same features.
    TomTom also has live services like live traffic , google search and weather.
    Garmin has limited traffic via radio & can use Loc8 post codes.

Advertisement