Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Poetry Book as a gift?

• 16-12-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So my brother(34y/o) told me yesterday he really like listening to RTE's poetry section last sunday morning and would like to get into it more now.

He likes the arts, in a band himself, loves the blues etc, but poetry is kinda new to him and I would like to get him a book of poetry for him for Christmas as a gift, but moneys tight as we all know and hoping someone on here could advice me on a book I could get him maybe. Irish or international or mix of both would be kinda cool. Dont want to get him a dud book that would turn him off it right away :o

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Sorry I don't think I can be of much immediate help but if you don't get any responses you could try posting in the literature thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

ugh, d'oh lol. Of course!

Thanks for that!
    But I am going to drop into Chapters tomorrow and have a look at there old second hand section, see what they have there. Brother would like the oldness in a poetry book.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

For getting into poetry I would recommend 'poem for the day', i think its called, edited by andrew motion. There is two different versions out, have both and love them!
    Its basically 365 poem, one for each day of the year. A really good mix of old and new, and a really accessible way to get reading poetry.

Advertisement