Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scraping of beach at Bray

• 16-12-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

Anybody have any idea of why the beach is being scraped or leveled behind the aquatic centre? 2 large diggers working at it yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cllrmcmanus

Zebbedee wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea of why the beach is being scraped or leveled behind the aquatic centre? 2 large diggers working at it yesterday.

Hi Zebedee

The work being done is to level out a ledge in the shingle beach that has been created by erosion. This was causing a problem for some people accessing the beach.

The work should be finished tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Hi Zebedee

The work being done is to level out a ledge in the shingle beach that has been created by erosion.

Thanks for that. After seeing some filming there today I'd assumed it was something to do with that.
    Incidently, does anybody know the name of the film being shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I'm not sure what the film is, but it seems they're all camped out in the Carlisle Grounds car park. I'm guessing its a fairly big deal as I saw 4 limo's parked just outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Neil Jordan making a film called "Byzantium"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Ohhh nice, I'll have to keep my eye open for Saoirse Ronan then ;) thanks for the info.

Advertisement