Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Sunderland (Sun @ 15:00)

Options
  • 16-12-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Well, what sort of a response do we expect to see from only our 3rd defeat of the season, a defeat that was handed to us so controversially, in a game that we dominated for around 60 - 70% of the 90 minutes.

Despite losing, we played some great stuff against Stoke and it was great to see the spirit the lads had after half time. So now we move on to Sunderland who have a new manager, and managed a win out of nothing last weekend.

You'd have to fancy us, whether it was home or away, but at home I hope we come out all guns blazing and show that last weekend was an unfortunate blip.

The usual team, though I don't know whether Ledley is fit. If he is, it's him and Gallas for me, or if not it has to be Gallas and Bassong, but Bassong was superb against Stoke so I wouldn't be worried having him there. I'd probably start VDV, seeing as it's a home game and he always seems to do better at home, but Harry needs to be stronger and take him off after 60 - 70 minutes if he's not working, rather than switching him to the wing or midfield, and taking Lennon off.

Liverpool are away to Villa and Arsenal play City, so hoepfully both Pool and Arsenal lose points this weekend to make up for last weekend.

COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Don’t have any faith in Bassong. We should easily beat these, they’ve a terrible record at The Lane. Larsson is there key man, no silly free kicks please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

with the way other games a lined up wee need 3 points here big time. I would have liked to go at chelsea with the unbeaten record still going but it is what it is. i'm hoping for a handy day at the office but the MO'N factor could make a difference. i'm going for a 2-0 win. Ade with a brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm heading over for this game,hopefully we get the three points and other results go our way.big one against Chelsea coming up during the week also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well, what sort of a response do we expect to see from only our 3rd defeat of the season, a defeat that was handed to us so controversially, in a game that we dominated for around 60 - 70% of the 90 minutes.

Despite losing, we played some great stuff against Stoke and it was great to see the spirit the lads had after half time. So now we move on to Sunderland who have a new manager, and managed a win out of nothing last weekend.

You'd have to fancy us, whether it was home or away, but at home I hope we come out all guns blazing and show that last weekend was an unfortunate blip.

The usual team, though I don't know whether Ledley is fit. If he is, it's him and Gallas for me, or if not it has to be Gallas and Bassong, but Bassong was superb against Stoke so I wouldn't be worried having him there. I'd probably start VDV, seeing as it's a home game and he always seems to do better at home, but Harry needs to be stronger and take him off after 60 - 70 minutes if he's not working, rather than switching him to the wing or midfield, and taking Lennon off.

Liverpool are away to Villa and Arsenal play City, so hoepfully both Pool and Arsenal lose points this weekend to make up for last weekend.

COYS!

What's wrong with kaboul ??

He's suspended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Is it on tv anywhere today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Evergreen Bar Turners Cross Cork have it though I'd assume you'll find it somewhere closer to home than that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yiddo59 wrote: »

Evergreen Bar Turners Cross Cork have it though I'd assume you'll find it somewhere closer to home than that ;)

Fek , forgot about the suspension . Big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Any streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Friedel;
    Walker, Gallas, King, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Parker, Sandro, Modric;
    Van der Vaart;
    Adebayor.

Bale and Defoe Injured
    Cudicini, Bassong, Kranjcar, Livermore, Pienaar, Rose, Pavlyuchenko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's amazing how reassured I feel when I see King in defence! Shame about Bale but hopefully we should be ok anyway.

Sandro & Parker is a serious bit of steel in the middle I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

We (Sunderland) are going to get fucking hammered :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    We (Sunderland) are going to get fucking hammered :pac:
    We can only hope!

Sunderland

Westwood, O'Shea, Brown, Bramble, Bardsley, Larsson, Colback, Vaughan, Richardson, Wickham, Sessegnon.

Subs: Carson, Cattermole, Gardner, Ji, McClean, Elmohamady, Bendtner.

No ex-Spurs players at least, that's a good start!

I hate this low camera angle, don't know why it's sometimes low and other times higher up, which is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

SuprSi wrote: »
    I hate this low camera angle, don't know why it's sometimes low and other times higher up, which is better.

Yes especially when you see Lennons eyebrows :D

Lennon's gone. Hope it's not serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

looks like lennon has done something to his hamstring:(

We're struggling so far. No wide men now, and Pav comes on? that means VDV on the line, which is crap again when we have better options for the wing. I don't understand that substitution.

I don't have a good feeling about this to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yeah he wants to come off. Hope he is just been cautious.

What a rubbish half from us. Still don't understand the substitution and we seem to be struggling to string anything together. The commentator mentioned that perhaps we're struggling to adapt to a different formation, especially missing Bale & Lennon and I think he's right.

Need a vastly better performance in the 2nd half as we cannot drop points here today.

Ref doesn't seem to be giving us anything today.

But we have been poor in front of goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

these are the types of games the uniteds and arsenals of old be winning 1-0...we badly need this win.

christ i hope bale lennon defoe be ok for thursday night against chelski

Harry better light a fire under them at half time

Still rubbish so far. It's just not clicking and we haven't had a real shot on target yet.

1-0 Get the **** innnnnnn

• Advertisement

YES! Lovely move and a great finish. Really nice goal, and just what we needed.

Advertisement