Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aritech cs350 "Mains Fault"

• 16-12-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I have an Aritech CS350 and I've just connected a new battery following the tips posted here, many thanks for that. Alarm working normally with the battery except the keypad display is saying "Mains Fault". The internal domestic circuit is live so it should be sending power to the box.

I've had a good read through the forum and it sounds like it could be a fuse blown in the box. I've had a look at the 4 glass fuses and they look OK (not sure if they would look 'blown' even if they were). There is one fuse which has a black plastic case, making it easy to remove by hand. Is this the mains related one? Any advice on how to proceed. First thoughts are to buy a set of fuses and see how it goes. I'm not an electronics person but am reasonably careful and competent!

There is an unknown here as house was vacant during building works and on return the builders had disconnected the old battery so obviously the box was opened to do that and there had not previously been a problem with the mains supply, just a low battery warning.

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

Something similar just happened to me. Mains fault then a fuse fault. Swapped out all fuses and put in a new battery and everything was OK for a week or so until the battery went dead. Could'nt figure it out and called an Alarm guy out to have a look - it puzzled him too, but eventually he figured that while there was some power getting to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) from the mains there was not enough to charge the battery fully hence the battery went dead over a week (should have only lasted for less than 1 day with no mains).

He happened to have a spare transformer and PCB from another job. He swapped the transformer first but still had the same problem, then he replaced the PCB. The connector for the mains supply into the PCB (a 2 pin connector towards the top right of the PCB) was loose so he pulled it tight and wedged it with a piece of cabletie. Everything is working fine now.

By the way they dont make PCBs for the cs350 anymore so it may take a while to source one if it needs replacing.

And the mains fuse is a 315mA fuse which are as rare as hens teeth in bricks and mortar stores in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pjdub22

Thanks for the info. Any idea where in the box I might find the mains fuse? All I can see are the 4 glass ones. Does the 315mA fuse look similar to the glass ones? Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The mains fuse is the one in the black plastic case in the top left of the box beside the transformer (the black square thing - not too technical myself :-)). All the fuses looked fine in my case too but one was definately gone - I didn't bother checking which one as I changed them all.

There is a diagram on the back of the cover which indicates the fuse types required.

From the description of your problem though it could be the transformer - It was the first thing the Alarm guy checked, but no harm changing all the fuses anyway - they are fairly cheap.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pjdub22

Ah that's the mains fuse! It turns out one of the wires had been pulled out by the builders, sorted now. Anyone want a fuse or two? :)

Advertisement