Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone 4S -Issues .....

• 16-12-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Im new to the whole IPhone thing and got one as a present yesterday . Im just having a few teathing problems

1. Cant get delivery reports for texts messages on it . I know you can get delivery report when yous end a sms to another Iphone but Im getting nothing for anything else
    2. Cant set any of my music in itunes as a ringtone - Ive follows the online advice as saving the song as a AAC version but I dont have that option when I try in ITunes
    3. When my screen locks , I dont get notified of email ( until I unlock the screen ) . I have it set in Notification Centre to everything ON .... , It's like my wi-fi hibernates or something ....... once I unlock the screen it takes a few seconds for the Wi-Fi symbol to appear

BTW - Im a vodafone bill pay customer

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

there are no delivery reports on the iphone

for music as a ringtone download an app called ringtone designer (you can't just select a song from your music collection)

the wifi powers off when your phone is locked

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tigerlily01

Thanks for the info ....

Is there anyway to stop the Wi-Fi from turning off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Thanks for the info ....

No it will sleep when your phone is locked.
    If your worried about your data been used setting-genera-network turn off data

fox007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info ....

No it will sleep when your phone is locked.
    If your worried about your data been used setting-genera-network turn off data

That's a massive pain as when I work from home I need to receive my mails as they come in. I don't want to have to keep unlocking my phone to check them :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's a massive pain as when I work from home I need to receive my mails as they come in. I don't want to have to keep unlocking my phone to check them :(

I get mine as they come in without having to wake up the iPhone.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »

Oh really ,can you tell me how to do it? The strange thing is that when I'm in work and connected to the office wireless network with my phone the mails still come in within seconds of me receiving them into my inbox on my laptop but on my wireless at home I have to unlock my phone before they come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whiterebel wrote: »

as do i, have three gmail accounts that push pretty much instantly

no offense but if emails are that important to you would the iphone not be a bad choice for this situation? if you need to act on your emails instantly could you not have them pushed to a pc or laptop where the experience would be much more immersive. emails on iphone are great for on the go but i don't know if i could be hunched over my phone replying to emails all day.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oh really ,can you tell me how to do it? The strange thing is that when I'm in work and connected to the office wireless network with my phone the mails still come in within seconds of me receiving them into my inbox on my laptop but on my wireless at home I have to unlock my phone before they come in

I have an IMAP account which is pushed to the phone, and I have the POP account set to update evey 15 minutes. That's all.

Thanks for the info folks - it's all been helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Just be aware that there’s a 40 sec limit for iPhone ringtones. You can convert a 3 min song into a .m4r file and it will open in iTunes, but it won’t be accepted onto your iPhone 4S when you sync. I use an app called Ringer [€2.99 in the App store], which I find really easy to use and that automatically keeps all tones under the 40 sec limit (obviously you can have it as short as you want).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 everyonesmile:)

I know it's been a little while since you asked but I've discovered that you can get delivery reports for text messages if you type *R* and a space before your text.
    The person you're sending it to gets the text as normal and you get a report for it. I don't think there's any way to set them up for all your messages though like you can on most other phones.

Hope that's some help to you anyway! :)

Advertisement