Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good scope for a Marlin .17hmr

Options
  • 16-12-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

As above, been looking at Hawke scopes but not convinced about the way they loose zero easily. This is an issue for me as I do alot of travelling so the gun will be in a slip in the car alot and don't want to loose zero by a slight bang.
    So what else are my options? Good value for money scope? Are Nikko any good?

What have you on your .17hmr and how do you find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

had a nikko stearling mountmaster 4-12x50 on mine. €60 quid, very clear except on 12 power. never lost zero in the year i was using it and i did alot of driving with it too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

how much are you planning on spending. I hear people only rate hawke as an air rifle scope, was told to avoid them myself.

After xmas when i get a few pound im hoping to put a bushnell banner 6-18x50 on mine.
    can be got here for the 200mark or cheaper in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

garv123 wrote: »
    how much are you planning on spending. I hear people only rate hawke as an air rifle scope, was told to avoid them myself.

After xmas when i get a few pound im hoping to put a bushnell banner 6-18x50 on mine.
    can be got here for the 200mark or cheaper in the uk
    My mate put a bushnell banner 6-18x50 on his hmr a year ago and he said the point of impact never changed since he set it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I have a swift 6-24x36. On mine and it never loses zero and i have it on it more than a year

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I have a bushnell banner 6-18x50 on my hmr. Absolutely top class and cost me €150 from uk. I bought the hawke 6.5-20x50 as a back up today for 70 quid. Not bad, and it'll do on he air rifle nicely,cup it'll do for the rifle he I get stuck. Spend the extra few bob and get the bushnell. You WON'T be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Id be willing to spend 150 on a Bushnell scope no prob since its highly recommended by ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I have a Bushnell Banner 4-12x40 and 6-18x50 and both will do the job on your HMR very well. O'Hallarans in Drangan, Co. Tipp. have the 6-18x50 @€;199.
    And either of these scope are not that big when on the rifle.

Advertisement