Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub grub?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

My OH used to love eating in Dine In near Quayside, but its new management now or something because the portions are about half the size and the food is not as good but the prices are still the same €10 for a dinner. Personally I never thought it was anything special for €10 but he loved it so I didn't mind.

So now I'm looking for somewhere in town that will do a nice dinner, good man size portion for him :) and maybe a vegetarian option for me, I do eat meat but not too much. Not too expensive not more than a tenner.

Any suggestions? Also times of when the serve and average price and type of menu?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Fiddlers Creek are fairly generous with their portions for lunch (probably from 12.30pm onwards). Last time I was there the main courses were between €8.50 and €10.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Donaghy's do lovely bar food. Prices would probably be the 12-15 euro range, but portions are incredibly generous. Nice spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

The Glasshouse- always do good quality food at reasonable prices €10 - €15 for mains and always a decent portion. Hargadons do lovely food but the portions wouldn't feed a model on a diet.

Edit to add McHughs - pub grub there is lovely also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Was in the Adelade a good few times recently , very good value club sambo chips for 6.50 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

Belfry good value large portions and very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hargadon's on O'Connell St. omm nom nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

bennyc wrote: »
    Was in the Adelade a good few times recently , very good value club sambo chips for 6.50 i think.

Meh. I got a sambo in there one day and the lettuce was rancid. I said it to the barman and he tried to tell me that it was the type of lettuce, and because it was in the toaster. cant eat lettuce since then :(

Advertisement