Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxi cosi for icandy pear?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have just bought a second hand icandy pear as we're expecting baby no. two in Feb.
    Our first will be 14 months and so we decided to get a double.
    Was wondering as I'm clueless about buggies do we need a maxi cosi seat for the newborn.
    Our old Graco had its own newborn seat but is not compatible with the icandy.
    We got two seats with the buggy but was wondering would a maxi cosi be better with the new little one. Also is the base recommended with the maxi cosi as I thought maybe it would make life easier for my wife as she has a dodgy back sometimes.
    As I said I'm pretty clueless with this stuff even after looking it up its easier buying a car!!!
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Can't help on the iCandy but on the maxi cosi in my opinion the base is a no brainer! I found it brilliant to just be able to drop the car seat into the car without worrying about seat belts etc, especially if it's raining out.

We've moved to the next stage seat now and I miss being able to strap LO into the car seat in the house and just drop her into the car then. Might be a handy time saver if you've a toddler getting impatient too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If your wife is going to be walking a lot I'd recommend using the lie flat seat instead of the car seat clipped onto the buggy because babies are not supposed to be kept in car seats for long lengths, it's recommended if making a long journey that you stop every two hours to let baby stretch.

Advertisement