Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VoIP Help

• 16-12-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just need a bit of help please. Every few weeks I would make a good few phone calls to a UK number, now as it is a busy line (ticket line) I wouldn't always get connected so I would have to make quite a few calls before eventually getting through to a CSR.

So to save all these extra charges on the house phone bill and even though I wouldn't be using it to often what is the best and easiest way for me to set up VoIP?

I have Eircom Broadband, thats about all I can tell you.

Is there a particular company I should be signing up with and would they have like a ready to go/top up account feature whereby I only have to top-up my account with credit when I wanted to use the VoIP.

I have read the VoIP FAQ but still not to sure.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There are many ... very many .... companies supplying a VOIP service, most of whom do a PAYG scheme.

You should get some indication from the threads in this section what most people think about the various suppliers of the service.
    After that it is your choice really.

IMO, for the sake of €5 you can take a chance on almost any one of them.

There are some who by buying credit of about €10 + VAT will give you free calls to Irish and English landlines, and you can spend your credit on mobile calls.

For instance I have Eircom broadband and an account with Blueface.ie, but also with VoipWise.
    I now mostly use VoipWise as I make mobile calls for about 11c per min (or part of a min) and have free landline calls to Ire, UK, Aus, USA etc etc.

I also set this same type of account up for light users ...... and the €12.60 (near enough, including VAT) lasts them 3 months, during which time they have free landline calls.

Good luck with your choice ;)

regards.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Is there a particular company I should be signing up with and would they have like a ready to go/top up account feature whereby I only have to top-up my account with credit when I wanted to use the VoIP.
    )

I use voicebuy.com for outbound calls, they are definitely cheap however there is a minimum credit amount of 25 dollars.

But as johnboy mentioned there are many companies offering voip and in general most voip providers are providing a Pay as you go credit topup service so you will never owe any money. Blueface is widely used around by users here on boards.ie so have a look over there aswell, although there has been some downtime with them which isn't acceptable for constant business use.

Have a search of this forum and if you cant find any questions, feel free to ask here :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Advertisement