Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for Kerry

• 16-12-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Going around Kerry for Christmas, I know there is loads of photo opportunities down there, but does anyone have personal favs they'd recommend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Where are you going to ... big place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Near Cahersiveen, but will be driving off somewhere every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Could assist on the Dingle penninsula but tbh it's a bit far away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Rossbeigh Beach is down the road from you in the Killorglin direction. You can head out to Valentia Island also, try and get to the far side of the Island as it's much more rugged there. The national park in Killarney is about 45 mins drive from Caherciveen.

To be honest if you get decent weather then you are in one of the best landscape locations in the world I would say. You have everything from mountains, lakes, hills, castles, beaches, oceans etc for miles around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Inch strand for sunset, dawn in the black valley outside Killarney, Slea head, Blennerville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Bring a big umbrella:):) This would be the best tip I could give you:):)

Bren:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

maddog wrote: »
    Bring a big umbrella:):) This would be the best tip I could give you:):)

Bren:)

Ditto!:D Although you can be lucky sometimes.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Valentia Island would be a definite I'd say, check out Geokaun mountain there, all around Waterville and Derrynane is great too. There are some great spots all around the "Skellig Ring" too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Conor pass on the dingle side is spectacular.
    http://pix.ie/jonniebgood1/2582922/size/800

Also Healy pass on Cork Kerry border area.

THe best thing is travel about and get of the most beaten track though. A bit of exploring Cul de sac's will uncover the best sights and photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Definitely go to the top of Geokaun! You can drive all the way up, and if you're lucky and it's clear you have an AMAZING 360 of the blaskets, the skelliigs, carrauntoohil and mt brandon. Best view in the country! And i know they're all spelled wrong, but i'm on the phone and can't be bothered looking them up :) wear several jackets though - it was bloody freezing up there in July!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Carrauntoohil. That is all. Although a bit dangerous during the short daylight hours ;)

Advertisement