Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Facial Shave

• 16-12-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭

I tried a new way of shaving

I use Gillette Proglide Power and Proglide Irritation Defense Shave Gel.

Step 1- Hold a flannel with very hot water on your face for about 1-2 mins
    Step 2- Put a small bit of Shaving gel on the area in which u are shaving.
    Step 3- Repeat step 1 and wipe off all the shaving gel
    Step 4- put shaving gel back on your face and slowly shave
    Step 5- Whe you finished shaving splash cold water on your face and put After shave on.

I got a very close shave doing this step. It is similar to how they do Hot Towel Shaves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I tried a new way of shaving

I use Gillette Proglide Power and Proglide Irritation Defense Shave Gel.

Step 1- Hold a flannel with very hot water on your face for about 1-2 mins
    Step 2- Put a small bit of Shaving gel on the area in which u are shaving.
    Step 3- Repeat step 1 and wipe off all the shaving gel
    Step 4- put shaving gel back on your face and slowly shave
    Step 5- Whe you finished shaving splash cold water on your face and put After shave on.

I got a very close shave doing this step. It is similar to how they do Hot Towel Shaves.

You should move to either straight razor(takes more getting used to) or safety(easier in my opinion) can't beat them and more economical, do you really need 5 blades, I can get much closer with just 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pogsick wrote: »
    You should move to either straight razor(takes more getting used to) or safety(easier in my opinion) can't beat them and more economical, do you really need 5 blades, I can get much closer with just 1

What would be the best Safety razor to get. Are they worth the money ??. Do u have to use a certain type of Shaving gel with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Go to Shaving.ie and get a starter pack for €50. That has all you need.

Advertisement