Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillet Fusion Razor

• 16-12-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Am i the only one who uses this and gets the face cut off me ???

i was using the mach 3 for years and decided to try the fusion as it had 4 blades or was it 5 ??? doesnt matter , i got one and it cuts the face off me , so decided mid shave to revert to mach 3 and its like heaven

anybody else have this issue with the fusion

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Learn to shave like a real man! :P Facial Hair & Hats Forum (I've stopped using Gillette razors earlier this year and switched to double-edge blade instead.)

You should probably try to finish shaving with it at least once with it before deciding it doesn't work. Use enough warm water and shaving cream/soap, ease off the pressure and let the blade do the work, go with the grain at first and then against it if you need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Learn to shave like a real man! :P Facial Hair & Hats Forum (I've stopped using Gillette razors earlier this year and switched to double-edge blade instead.)

You should probably try to finish shaving with it at least once with it before deciding it doesn't work. Use enough warm water and shaving cream/soap, ease off the pressure and let the blade do the work, go with the grain at first and then against it if you need to.

dude im 31 and been shaving 15 years

using fusion about 5 or 6 times with hot water and gillette foam and its ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

I have the same problem - it's like shaving with a feckin' cheese grater!:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gave up using the Fusions and all that, sick to death of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

i was using the mach 3 for years and decided to try the fusion as it had 4 blades or was it 5 ??? doesnt matter , i got one and it cuts the face off me , so decided mid shave to revert to mach 3 and its like heaven

I'm with ya dude. Mach 3 is miles better. Never mind the fact that the blades are more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

db_199.jpg

You won't regret it....(seriously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I'm the same as you OP. Tried it for about 10 days. Probably used it about 5 or 6 times but you could really feeling it pulling every time. I think the blades are to close together and hence why it hurts so much.:mad:

Went back to my Mach 3 and the difference is unbelievable. Couldn't believe how smooth it was compared to that other thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Interesting article here;
    http://www.innovationexcellence.com/blog/2011/09/30/can-gillette-disrupt-itself/
    Last year’s new Fusion ProGlide was a perfect example: it built on a key insight – men get post-shave irritation due to facial hair “tug and pull” – by using finer blades to slice through tough beard hair more effortlessly.
    Principle of disruption; breaking through into your own key niche market.

Of course, what most of the people here on FH&H know is that the best way to eliminate that razor rash 'tug and pull' is to use less blades, not more. We have adopted 'finer blades' - we just use them skilfully and refuse to bow to the billions of dollars spent on marketing these filleting machines, saving ourselves money (until you get hooked on nice razors!) and keeping some plastic out of landfill.

I'd love to see Gillette come back to the traditional shaving market...

Advertisement