Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to move BF3 to new console?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

With the limited edition game; if you have used the code supplied with the game, is it possible to use it on another machine (i.e. not have to fork out for the Back to Karkand?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

If you're asking whether the game can be played on another playstation without having to purchase the dlc again then the answer is yes as long as you're using the same psn account. The back to karkand dlc code is tied to your psn account I believe.

This same thing happened to me with bfbc2. I got a new ps3 and bought bfbc2 again (new the 1st time and pre-owned the 2nd time). The VIP code was tied to my psn account so I didn't have to buy it again. I assume that the same is true in your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThomasMcd1994

If you're asking whether the game can be played on another playstation without having to purchase the dlc again then the answer is yes as long as you're using the same psn account. The back to karkand dlc code is tied to your psn account I believe.

This same thing happened to me with bfbc2. I got a new ps3 and bought bfbc2 again (new the 1st time and pre-owned the 2nd time). The VIP code was tied to my psn account so I didn't have to buy it again. I assume that the same is true in your case.

This is correct.

I've shared content before with friends and vise visra. I think the max limited you can use your content is on 5 consoles. After that you must contact sony to get it reset but only once.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

This is correct.

I've shared content before with friends and vise visra. I think the max limited you can use your content is on 5 consoles. After that you must contact sony to get it reset but only once.
    have you ever got it reset by sony, unless they have proof of a replacement console they won't grant any more activations

also afaik they are lowering the number of activations from 5 to 2

Advertisement