Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Gyms/Classes

Options
  • 16-12-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi, Im looking to go back to a gym after awhile of training at home and on the road, so I am looking for some insight.

From your own experience, what gyms/classes are the best in the Waterford area.

I have heard the the Tower Hotel, Faithlegg leisure centre, Woodlands, Spirt?

What are your opinions about Waterford gyms/classes? How would you rate the following? Basicially what are your thoughts from hearing people or your own experience.

*Staff
    *Gym Equipment
    *Club facilities
    *Hygiene etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

alan27 wrote: »
    Hi, Im looking to go back to a gym after awhile of training at home and on the road, so I am looking for some insight.

From your own experience, what gyms/classes are the best in the Waterford area.

I have heard the the Tower Hotel, Faithlegg leisure centre, Woodlands, Spirt?

What are your opinions about Waterford gyms/classes? How would you rate the following? Basicially what are your thoughts from hearing people or your own experience.

*Staff
    *Gym Equipment
    *Club facilities
    *Hygiene etc
    ya seem to be just goin with the places with pools, seriously though would you actually use the pool after training?? and if not why would ya pay for a pool ya don,t use in your membership!!!!
    i workout in goldstone gym and fitness out in six cross roads business park and it blows every other gym in the city outta the way by far, as the equipment is top notch, it has cardio area, and massive weights area with unlimited amount of free weights for an excellent workout if thats what your into!! and classes are FREE for all members,they have boxercise,spinning classes and boot camp to name but a few but ya have to put your name down for these classes at reception, they also give one to one with an instructor who will design a programme specific to you and keep you motivated to achieve your goals, there is also a nutritionist available free of charge but an appointment has to be made to meet him.
    go take a look and i guarantee you,ll join, there on facebook like the page and you can see for yourself the pricing and facilities for yourself search for goldstone gym and fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Totally agree with ex_infantry man. Started in the Goldstone during the summer after being in the kingfisher for a year. I normally get into the gym in the morning before college. Nice crowd there and have yet to see it being over crowded. A lot of modern cardio equipment and a massive amount of free weights.

also in my time of weight lifting in gyms i,ve never come across staff and management to be as sound out as they are there, they actually take an interest in getting to know the members and see them as being part of the gym than actually a membership fee every year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

Check out crossfit Waterford. It's not for everyone but you might love.
    I think the introduction class is free so you have nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

thanks for the replies, I will check out both goldstone and the crossfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

thanks for the replies, I will check out both goldstone and the crossfit.
    well did u look into these gyms?be ionterested to hear ur toughts on them if u did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Me too, I was a Kingfisher member about 2 years ago or so, looking to get back into a nice fitness regime, was going to rejoin them, but hearing so many good things about Goldstone. I do like a swim here and there so that's swaying me to stick with what I know. Confused, and don't want to splash the cash until I'm sure. Might sound like a strange question, but what are the changing areas like in Goldstone? :rolleyes:

batm!ke wrote: »
    Me too, I was a Kingfisher member about 2 years ago or so, looking to get back into a nice fitness regime, was going to rejoin them, but hearing so many good things about Goldstone. I do like a swim here and there so that's swaying me to stick with what I know. Confused, and don't want to splash the cash until I'm sure. Might sound like a strange question, but what are the changing areas like in Goldstone? :rolleyes:
    the male changing room was just expanded to cater for the increase in members in the gym, there is five showers all private and plenty of lockers(ya have to bring your own small padlock or purchase one at reception) very clean and there is a sauna in the changing rooms also, it aint cramped like kingfisher!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wsopchamp

batm!ke wrote: »
    . Might sound like a strange question, but what are the changing areas like in Goldstone? :rolleyes:
    Strange to say the least:P
    Looking to join a gym myself and would like views if any one out there knows a few..Obviously Kingfisher and Goldstone be the major 2 , and im sure there a few good hotel ones as well,,Id probable prefer some place that would have a set out kinda program like the MMA / Muay Tai or Crossfit place. Would prefer peoples views rather than going to main websites of these places cos all ya get there is pictures of treadmills and fit lookin women..on second toughts:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

WHOOPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

^^
    its a nice gym yeah but the weights area is way too small can barely have 4 people ,maybe 5 working out at the same time

Ya I went to have a look at spirit and goldstone. You have to park at Aldi for spirit which isnt ideal but thats the best they can do.

I got my hands on a squat rack that was going cheap so combined it with my bench, so sticking with this set-up. Cheaper by far.

if ya were ever to join gym, goldstone is under expansion at the monet, the spinning class size is after being doubled and there is a new weights area currently being expanded also

So I heard the business must be booming. Btw you should get some sort of discount for signing its praises.

So I heard the business must be booming. Btw you should get some sort of discount for signing its praises.
    yeah i got discount on my last renewal, its worth promoting as its good gym

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

no punchbag :(
    anplaya wrote: »
    ^^
    its a nice gym yeah but the weights area is way too small can barely have 4 people ,maybe 5 working out at the same time

true, but rare that more than 5-6 wanting to use at same time. normally 2-3 people using the area most of the day though

any questions on the place pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

yeah i got discount on my last renewal, its worth promoting as its good gym

You got a discount for promoting it on boards?

You got a discount for promoting it on boards?
    no through my facebook page as i have got few members for the place

• Advertisement

fair play to you so, keep up the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 savyshopper

I was wondering has anyone heard anything about Bodylight Waterford which is a new weight loss clinic in Colbeck street.I hear from a friend in Kilkenny that the results are very good and very readonable too

Advertisement