Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent bank lodgement

• 16-12-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Because of gross stupidity on my behalf I miscalculated our available money and wrote some cheques and there's no money in the account to cover them. I need to lodge money asap. Can you make lodgements through ATM's with Aib or is Monday morning the earliest I can get in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik it will be Monday morning but not 100%. On the plus side though is that the cheques may not get drawn down until then too.

Some banks do open certain hours on Saturdays though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Doesn't the Post Office process AIB payments and stuff including lodgements and withdrawals.

The GPO in town is open at 9am in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Doesn't the Post Office process AIB payments and stuff including lodgements and withdrawals.

The GPO in town is open at 9am in the morning.

again though they wouldn't be processed til monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Beer Baron - that's excellent. Thanks so much. I'll get in there first thing.

I'm hoping the cheques don't bounce as I mailed them on the 14th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Crea wrote: »
    Beer Baron - that's excellent. Thanks so much. I'll get in there first thing.

I'm hoping the cheques don't bounce as I mailed them on the 14th.

If you have access to online banking you should be able to see if the cheques have been lodged/cashed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

source wrote: »
    If you have access to online banking you should be able to see if the cheques have been lodged/cashed.

Or at least call Banking 24 hour tomorrow after the lodgement is made to put a note on your system to say the money is there as they CAN allow the payment to leave your account from the cheque.

Although in this climate they might not but then again you can suggest that you are credited back the cheque failure fee as you quickly made an attempt to made ammends.

Either way don't fret about it. I sent a cheque off today to a management company and I couldn't care less if there is no money in my account. Chancers the lot of them. :rolleyes: (thats for another thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Beer Baron - Good advice again. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
    I'm sweating blood here. One of the cheques is for my credit card which they have put on hold today because i'm 10 days late paying (insert lots of swear words here!)

Advertisement