Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most amount of modules..

Options
  • 16-12-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

..that you can do per semester? (doing Arts btw). Can you do 8 modules in one semester if you want or is 7 the max?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    ..that you can do per semester? (doing Arts btw). Can you do 8 modules in one semester if you want or is 7 the max?

I'm fairly sure it's 40 credits, so 8 modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Zephyr91 wrote: »

It is possible to do more if you're so inclined. I know for a fact people in Arts who have done 9 or even 10 modules a Semster. If you're looking to do something similar talk to the programme office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I had 45 credits one semester.

Don't do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

If you had that time turner thing Hermione had, you could do like a whole year in a semester. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Fad wrote: »
    I had 45 credits one semester.

Don't do it....

Couldn't agree more!
    Even an extra module can be a strain- don't do it to yourself unless there's something you seriously want to study which isn't offered any other time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It's a strain on you academically and if you're trying to balance any sort of life outside of college, it'll be a strain on your mental health (Nevermind your physical....).

I'm sure people have had higher course loads than mine or whatever but seriously, higher than 35 is a bad idea.

I'm not attempting to insinuate that arts modules are easier or whatever, but it might be more doable to do 40 credits of modules that dont have shedloads of labs or tutorials? That's sort of dependent on how disciplined a worker you are and how the modules are assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

last yera i was told 40 was the most you could have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Fad wrote: »
    I'm not attempting to insinuate that arts modules are easier or whatever, but it might be more doable to do 40 credits of modules that dont have shedloads of labs or tutorials? That's sort of dependent on how disciplined a worker you are and how the modules are assessed.

Nah it would be a nightmare in Arts. Could end up with about 6 or 7 essays due in the last week and plenty of others throughout the semester. The time put into labs and tutorials would just be substituted with time spent writing essays, reading, prepping for seminars etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It wouldn't be that difficult if you were willing to put the work in early. Chances of that happening for most people is very slim though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I had 7 modules this semester just gone and even that was a lot of work. Personally speaking I wouldn't do more than 6 each semester if it's at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 icicle2000

I did 8 this semester, I would seriously not recommend it. I'm not too sure how I'm still alive with a functioning brain.

Advertisement