Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy black plastic sheeting to cover area 10m x 5m

Options
  • 16-12-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy black plastic sheeting to kill off grass etc on overgrown allotment in Skerries 5m x 10 m. The only place I found stuff was at Heiton Buckley in Santry. they wanted 60 euro as only sold the sheeting as a whole roll.

Anybody know where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Looking to buy black plastic sheeting to kill off grass etc on overgrown allotment in Skerries 5m x 10 m. The only place I found stuff was at Heiton Buckley in Santry. they wanted 60 euro as only sold the sheeting as a whole roll.

Anybody know where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

Old carpet or lineo works too and added bonus of being heavy, that Skerries breeze can be strong :D. If you still want to go with black plastic try NAD at Blakescross just beside were GreenClean use to be.

http://www.nad.ie/docs/sections/Polythene.pdf

Ring for a quote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Buy 2 large tarpauline sheets in Woodies for 7 euro each.

Or buy a blue coloured havy duty plastic DPC sheet in BnQ for about 22 euro.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Any builders providers will sell rolls much cheaper than that. If thin polythene is more your price range then just scab carb board boxes from supermarkets and also save up newspapers. Lay them under the plastic.

Advertisement