Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yay I got a job today!!!

• 16-12-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi guys, so happy i got a job today after been out of work for three months. Just want to say to others out there keep looking and sending C.Vs, you'll eventually get a break. I know how hard it can be but there is light at the end of the tunnel:D

Comments

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭franco25

Nice one congratulations; I am waiting on the results of two final interviews! The one today didn't come through, should here back the other on Monday! Fingers crossed! Great news - well done! Make sure you celebrate - any tips btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well done tittle mouse!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Franco ill keep my fiingers crossed for you. Just make sure your positive and show your enthusiastic for the job. things will fall into place:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nice chrimbo present there:D

Well done.

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Congrats. That's excellent news. Enjoy

Thanks tittle mouse - well done again - go out and celebrate tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Well done! I think this is a fabulous idea for a thread. I hope we can keep it going! I've had my fingers crossed for myself so hopefully ill be back soon with an update...

well i applied for loads of jobs and had only one other interview so stay positive if you fit the job you'll get it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Thumbs up for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Hi guys, so happy i got a job today after been out of work for three months. Just want to say to others out there keep looking and sending C.Vs, you'll eventually get a break. I know how hard it can be but there is light at the end of the tunnel:D

Hi,your new boss here.
    I forgot to tell ya that you have to work Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Congrats!! :) hopefully I'm next :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Nice one so what will you be doin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Congratulation!Let this inspire those who are jobless(myself included) to keep applying and their efforts will eventually pay off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DidYouSquirt?

fair play :)
    well i applied for loads of jobs and had only one other interview so stay positive if you fit the job you'll get it :)

heh positive little sh*te aren't ya :pac: going on a year now... selling any of that positivity by any chance? i'm all out

tittle mouse
    Franco ill keep my fiingers crossed for you. Just make sure your positive and show your enthusiastic for the job. things will fall into place

Boom!!! got offered position today, 4 days before christmas, unbelievable, more money I was on before and with a great company! The hard work eventually pays off and it was hard work!!!

Yay! I got a job today!!
    I dont think it has fully sunk in yet, I start Jan 3rd so I really get to enjoy the holidays :)
    I was made redundant Nov 18th, and offered a job Dec 21st (I dont think 'being out of work' had even sunk in yet with the distraction of christmas)
    I applied to 5 jobs, got called to 2 interviews, 1 letter of rejection and 1 job offer!
    Best of luck to everyone, cant wait to hear all the good news stories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Well done! I got a job too, starting 3rd January.

great stuff - I had been out of work 3 months! I have to say it has been a period of time that I certainly did not enjoy. When things were ruff and didn't go my way I found boards.iea great place to vent and learn from other people in similar situations. I am much thankful to all those people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

This thread is depressing. :(

• Advertisement

AstridBean wrote: »
    This thread is depressing. :(
    Chin up astridbean, think positive, say positive things & this can be a positive time in your life. It gave me the opportunity to stop and think about where I want my career to go, once I had clear objectives I revised my cv got it out there... I told myself not to feel guilty for watching daytime tv etc. Because I'll be working for long enough! Incidentally I did some volunteer work on my time off, not to sound like a loolah but I think this might have created some positive karma! Even if you don't believe in stuff like that, it definately can't hurt!
    Best of luck to you :)

congrats franco,lolli and bytheglass!!! its a brilliant feeling when job searching works out!!For those of you still looking dont give up hope it WILL happen just stay positive and when you get an interview be confident,eager and make sure you know the company!! Most important thing i learned was to make sure you concentrate on the cover letter, it should highlight you to be the best for the job and make sure it matches the job description :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mr_Maestro

Huge congrats !
    I know the feeling of relief when you finally manage to get a new job, especially after a number of months.

To those still looking, just keep trying your utmost and you will be rewarded in the end

I have asked before, and I'll ask again - why does nobody mention in what sector they got the job in?!

Even a vague answer would give other a little inspiration!

salonfire wrote: »
    I have asked before, and I'll ask again - why does nobody mention in what sector they got the job in?!

I didn't mention it because I didn't see it as a matter of interest or importance to others, my new position is in marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

salonfire wrote: »

My job is in the civil service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

I got offered a full time role at another company, starting Jan 9th, only got to do 5 weeks of a Job Bridge internship but it definitely still stood to me. Its an in house management sales role in Galway, delighted is an understatement!

Advertisement