Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening to Irish stations abroad

Options
  • 16-12-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place for this, I think it is....

Anyway I am abroad regularly and one of the best things I find for getting over home sickness is listening to Today fm and Newstalk.

I currently use the apps to listen in online but this is making the situation worse because as both apps can be finicky and alot of the time are plain unusable. This is sometimes due to internet being crap also.

Anyway is there any way, like maybe shortwave? that I can listen to today fm and newstalk while I'm away without using internet connection?

Ive heard about shortwave radios but can they pick up those stations in US and Europe? AFAIK satellite radios only use two stations or something that you subscribe to, is that true?

Thanks in advance for replies:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jasper11

if u have sky u can get irish channells on it. well in uk i get it and newstalk is good in evenng for the sport shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ireland only has the occasional program on Shortwave and on WRN channel on Satellite out side UK & Ireland.

Traditionally Ireland is abysmal at "external services".

Advertisement