Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Washing Machine stuck at 1 minute

• 16-12-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

My washing machine has just stuck on the remaining 1 minute I went back in now and it was flashing "door" the light for the door is off so it should open but doesn't. I had previously put on a wash this morning (which I rarely do) would this have anything to do with it?
    Its a Hotpoint grey "Ultima" 7kg WT721 1200 Spin

Should I restart the cycle again hopefully I can sort it out myself finances not too healthy before Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

your machine is showing you a fault code
    number one is a motor triac short circuit ( module board)
    not a job for yourself unfortunately

hotpoint do a call out for €114 to include all parts (they will try to sell you extended warrenty but resist )
    most independents who can't read the fault codes will write the machine off and charge you call out so beware
    ask first do they know how to fix fault
    code number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Happy days went into kitchen after a while and tried it again and it just opened :confused: dont know what happened but not complaining have clean dry clothes and saved a few pennies by not getting a call out. Maybe I hadnt closed door sufficiently I had a lot of bed linen in could have overloaded it :o will watch that in future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

if you overloaded it that could cause the motor to struggle and show the fault (motor triac)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭whizbang

not sure if your particular machine has brushes in the motor, but just a note for all:
    if your machine faults while the motor starts running, then it is often just worn brushes. the sparking throws the controllers haywire, and will often throw random different codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭tony2phones

We have a Samsung machine which is nice and new and fitted with a badly designed door lock. Every so often it sends a signal to the ecu that the door has a fault. Everything stops mid cycle and the door error comes up.

The problem then is 20 emails and 3 weeks later we might just get an engineer to come out. Twice since April and waiting for an engineer again!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement