Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to record livestream using encoder w/amcap

Options
  • 16-12-2011 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi, i really need help with this and i would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out here:) i have this recording software called amcap and i heard that you can record live streaming vid while using an encoder with this particular software. i have the adobe flash media live encoder 3.2 and i really need to record my livestream while using this encoder. could anyone tell me what i need to do to achieve this? thanx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Download and use xsplit broadcaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 candycam

thank you so much for the reply! could you tell me how to do the hook up through the encoder? that would really be helpful. thanx:)

http://www.xsplit.com/download/

This will do it all, no need to 'hook up through the encoder'

will it still allow me to use the encoder? cuz it is very essential that i use the encoder while streaming.

Why

• Advertisement

i have to use it while i am working, i do alot of livestream and the site i work on requires that i use the encoder. i cannot stream without it.

I'll need more information then.. What are you streaming and why are you encoding it?

i just need to record my livestream feed for my own personal reasons. i use the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2. i need to run the software through the encoder so i can record my livestream feed. i have AmCap. this software can record my livestream feed through the encoder. i just need help in figuring out how to run the software through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You really are posting in a very cryptic manner...

Can you describe in detail your current setup, and then what exactly you are trying to achieve relevant to the setup that you can't do already?

What I can gather is: You're streaming with FMLE and you want to have the stream saved locally? FMLE should give that option by checking "Save to Disk" as well as streaming externally.

i really don't see how what i am streaming is of any relevance to the situation. while i am streaming live with this HD encoder http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/ from a website that i work on. i need to record that live stream feed. with this software AmCap http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/capture_video/amcap.cfm that can run through the encoder.
    when i was searching i came across this post (not sure if that post is helpful, but it does show u what the encoder and setting looks like) http://smashmods.com/forum/thread-2905-post-51645.html#pid51645 as well as this forum. if u are familiar with either of these programs, then u should be able to help me out.

• Advertisement

candycam wrote: »
    i really don't see how what i am streaming is of any relevance to the situation

I never asked you what you were streaming, I simply asked you to detail your setup, as it's hard to figure out what your setup is from the way you are posting. If you are able to describe your setup, then we may also be able to direct you towards a better streaming program for the job, since FMLE is quite the resource hog.
    i need to record that live stream feed.

As I have stated, FMLE offers a "Save to File" function, which if you select it two options below where you enter your Flash server details, it will also save the stream locally.
    if u are familiar with either of these programs, then u should be able to help me out.

I have used FMLE in the past, and while I did have AmCap on my computer briefly as it came installed with my webcam, I have had no need to keep it there as I have other programs (including Sony Vegas, XSplit) that can do the job.

when I went into the video files on my computer and have used "Save to File" function before it starts with: fmle_session_ Then it has numbers after it (which i'm not going to list b/c i don't know what they mean & don't want to list identifying info) There is no file extension. When I open it, there is only text. "File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.1\FlashMediaLiveEncoder.exe
    Description: Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder"

as i have stated before, i have to use the encoder for my work, so if i can use amcap to record my livestream through the encoder then i will have what i need. the only thing that i need to know is how do i hook up amcap through the encoder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

i really don't see how what i am streaming is of any relevance to the situation. while i am streaming live with this HD encoder http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/flashmediaencoder/ from a website that i work on. i need to record that live stream feed. with this software AmCap http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/capture_video/amcap.cfm that can run through the encoder.
    when i was searching i came across this post (not sure if that post is helpful, but it does show u what the encoder and setting looks like) http://smashmods.com/forum/thread-2905-post-51645.html#pid51645 as well as this forum. if u are familiar with either of these programs, then u should be able to help me out.

You came looking for help. Sometimes more information is required...Be more appreciative - you were making it tough for anyone to give you any actual help.

🤪

when I went into the video files on my computer and have used "Save to File" function before it starts with: fmle_session_ Then it has numbers after it (which i'm not going to list b/c i don't know what they mean & don't want to list identifying info) There is no file extension. When I open it, there is only text. "File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3.1\FlashMediaLiveEncoder.exe
    Description: Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder"

Those are just sessions logs, not the actual recorded files. The files would be in whatever location you set in the save function.
    as i have stated before, i have to use the encoder for my work, so if i can use amcap to record my livestream through the encoder then i will have what i need. the only thing that i need to know is how do i hook up amcap through the encoder?

I'm not sure how exactly it would work. If FMLE is streaming, then I don't think it's going to work as virtual camera output for AmCap to record. If it is, then it should be no more than just recording the FMLE output by selecting it as the camera source in AmCap. It may also work the other way around, with you recording your source in AmCap, and then selecting AmCap's virtual camera output in FMLE, but not having used such a setup myself I can't say for certain.

thanks for the help anyways, i tried to give as much info as possible but i don't think that i am going to get the help that i want here but i do very much appreciate ur efforts, i guess i will just have to keep looking cuz i used to know someone who this did work for but i lost touch with that person, but thanks anyways guys. have a great christmas.

Advertisement