Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Style of Play.

Options
  • 16-12-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just thought I'd make a thread to see everyone's style of play on here.

Personally, I feel I need to work on my playing style. I am a very one-dimensional. If I am struggling to break somebody down using my normal style, I've no alternative game plan or anything. I usually play down the middle and try and slip my striker through, usually playing a 4-2-3-1. Though I'll spread the ball out to the two wide men quite a bit and try to cut in and create chances with them (never cross it though). All my goals are nearly the exact same -- cut in, finesse into the opposite corner. :o

How would you describe your style of play? Do you play down the wings and swing balls into the box, or do you play a more narrow game? Do you launch fast-paced attacks, or do you prefer slow, patient build-up play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not sure if you are talking about PES or FIFA or both. I play PES myself.

I like to generally play three at the back. I find that playing with full-backs I end up with them out of position all the time. With three at the back it is just easier to defend. I then play with two deep lying midfielders to offer protection to the back.

I have two wide players who really should be wing-backs but I push the right up the pitch. I tend to buy a really fast right sided winger and on the left more of a dribbler who can cut inside. I then have a play-maker sitting behind a front two. I like two quick strikers. I tend to get most of my goals by going through the middle. Depending on who my play-maker is most goals will probably go through him.

Right now though I've decided to mix it up. I'm playing four at the back and then two banks of three. When it works it is great but I'm finding it hard to defend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

More of a counter attacker and definitely like to strike quickly. Burst down wings, charges through the centre...don't really go for possession style.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Slow build up generally for me so much so that sometimes I forget to shoot:pac: But I think for this fifa, ya really need to keep hold off the ball more cos ya can get punished easily especially offline

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Constantly pass, then cross and shoot from the semi.. complete noob style of play, still havn't figured out how to power shoot without the ball flying off into the crowd.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I generally play a possession game and kinda wait for the opposition to get impatient and drag defenders out of position. But it can depend on what team I use. If I have pacey wingers, for example, I'll get the ball out wide and either whip in crosses or cut inside for shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I play tiki-taka, possession play in normal games offline or against my mates as it infuriates them :D but, when playing online I always mix it up. Switch the ball to the opposite wing, try diagonal balls into the corners, quick passes around the box... I have never played a game where I just lump it up to my striker though. Seems too Bolton esque for my taste.

Saying that though, I always have one sure fire tactic whenever I'm kicking off... I play the ball out to the right winger with a through ball, play a one-two with my AM, run the ball into the box and drill the ball across hoping my striker has made up the ground to knock it in.

I do that every single time I have a kick off (preferably playing from left to right as it's easier to see how much space I have) as it quite often catches the opponent off guard and results in me winning the match. Germany are the best team to do this with as they've very quick midfielders and Klose/ Gomez are excellent strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭mossie

For PES I play a very attacking style but with FIFA it's more counter attacking as I am struggling to get much more than 30% to 40% possession with the new defensive system. Usually work down the wings on both and try to get behind the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I try to pass around for a bit then have a shot on goal. If im not doin that im Running down the wings and cutting inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I play a possession game. Rarely would I ever go under 50% possession in a game no matter how good the opposition is. I play a standard 4-4-2, like to get it out wide and I tend to back off my opponents rather than go gung ho trying to get the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Depends what team.

With a team like Villareal I play it in triangles then ball through middle to Rossi/Nilmar

Then say Bolton I run down the wings hoof it in the box hope to score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

It depends really.. Sometimes i'm Barca esque, I pass it around time and time again waiting for an opening to occur, mostly in the middle of the park, through balls, 1 2s, or basically just pass where you face.

But I noticed my weakness was that I play the same way, so I tried working on that now I can play down the wings to practiced on my crossing and heading and no at least if I can't break down teams by passing the ball around looking for an opening I'll just leg it down the wings and hoof the ball into the box haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I am playing a human opponent I tend to mix it up. I will pass it around and try and hold possession for a while, then change gear and start powering into gaps and playing through balls. It can catch people off guard.

When I lose possession I tend to be very aggressive about getting it back. Human players are more prone to error and when you put pressure on them they can really mess things up and leave themselves open to a counter attack.

I rarely cross (unless a player is in the open) because I don't feel like I have enough control over where it will go or who will get to it first. That said, I do like to get out wide, get to the byline and send a low ball across the goal or flick it back to someone on the edge of the box.

Advertisement