Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV2 Jailbreak (1600 error )

• 16-12-2011 8:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks ,

Any help here will be greatly appreciated as I wasted hours on it last night and looking like doing the same again tonight !

One of the mates got an Apple TV2 and I jailbroke it for him , Added XBMC, Icefilms,Liveonlinefooty onto it for him,

I think It was on 4.3 software , anyway he started getting the error where it would boot out of XBMC to try and update, well I think his O/H went and updated it one day when he wast there and it was stuck on the apple logo when he gave it to me .

So I am trying to Jailbreak it again now ,

Downloaded season pass , created my custom IPSW, had tiny umbrella running, as you will see in the youtube clips it goes through the whole process and at the very end comes up the 1600 error !

Which usually means its not in DFU , when using pwange tool ,seasonpass ,redsnow to put it into DFU mode I still get the error , I am fit to put it out the window at this stage , any help would greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

1st video is blocked.
    Have you tried removing any apple entries from you hosts file?
    /etc/hosts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

1st video is blocked.
    Have you tried removing any apple entries from you hosts file?
    /etc/hosts

Its playing there for me ,

Have not removed any entries ,

I might have added one before when I was trying to get by apples servers,

Here is how my hosts file looks now

##
    # Host Database
    #
    # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
    # when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
    ##
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

When using season pass it creates the ipsw then the screen pops up where you hold the menu and play button, but if just automatically says device found in DFU mode and moves on to loading the custom ipsw file , No lights flashing on the device which to me indicates its not in DFU mode , same happens with Pwange tool and red snow .

Tearing the hair out at this stage !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

try removing 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com or put a # at the start of it

Also check out the new jailbreak for 4.4.4
    http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-apple-tv-4.4.4-using-seas0npass-for-windows-mac/

Advertisement