Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop return policy?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭

My sister tried to return an unopened new game she bought in gamestop 9 days ago , they refused and said the return policy only covers 7 days and that they would only give her store credit.

Is this true or are they trying to rip her off? 7 days seems very short to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

ShaneU wrote: »
    My sister tried to return an unopened new game she bought in gamestop 9 days ago , they refused and say the return policy only covers 7 days, and said they would only give her store credit.

Is this true or are they trying to rip her off?

They are under no obligation to accept the game back unopened or not so they are not ripping her off. Only way she could return it and get a refund is if it was faulty but even then they could over you a replacement first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Legally there's no recourse, but most retailers (in my experience) are fine with unwanted gifts if unopened and with a receipt.

I'd recommend ringing a branch and asking yourself. I also reckon you might have a better chance of returning something post-Christmas. I think HMV have some kind of January unopened returns policy.

Advertisement