Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else see or do this with the exam?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Friends did it wednesday when we were in the car and saw another car doing it too. When your leaving the exam Give your day long parking ticket to a random car coming in if you don't have another exam that day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I got one when driving into the RDS last year of some randomer, saved me 5 Euros.

I gave it to a random girl when leaving. It was a good idea I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

If you keep doing this, they're going to raise the price of the ticket as they'll be loosing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah I got a ticket off some guy last year, would've given mine away this year but they've been sending me out by Simmonscourt which is an exit only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

If you keep doing this, they're going to raise the price of the ticket as they'll be loosing money.

At €5 a ticket, its money for free as the overheads in parking are criminally low. But I agree, it is a shade dishonest especially when you see people blatantly swapping tickets at the entrance gate.

I never park at the Xmas exams as the spaces are much tighter and I don't trust half the drivers in UCD. Say that if you get even 2 mates to chip in on the parking, its cheaper than a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its free outside simmonscourt on a Saturday along the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I think they're just making extra money off the parking. I don't think they're paying seperately for the parking facilities.

Advertisement