Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank printable DVD's

• 16-12-2011 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a bind, I ordered blank, printable DVD's off Dabs and they haven't arrived.
    Of course, I should know by now that "three day service" usually means "abandon it anywhere", "Ah sure it'll be grand next week", "just dump it in the corner there, he'll come in if he really wants it", "deliver address? I'll just deliver it any old where" and "why does it say ring beforehand? Ah, be grand", when it comes to most Irish couriers.
    The point is, i need to skip into town tomorrow and pick up 50 blank, ink-jet printable DVD's.
    I have seen light scribe (useless), printable CD's (useless), blank DVD's, non printable (just as useless) or maybe sticky labels (worse than useless).
    Does anyone know what shop in Limerick does blank, printable DVD's?
    If they are Verbatim, it's definitely a bonus, but I'll take anything, as long as it's DVD's and ink-jet printable.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

I'm in a bit of a bind, I ordered blank, printable DVD's off Dabs and they haven't arrived.
    Of course, I should know by now that "three day service" usually means "abandon it anywhere", "Ah sure it'll be grand next week", "just dump it in the corner there, he'll come in if he really wants it", "deliver address? I'll just deliver it any old where" and "why does it say ring beforehand? Ah, be grand", when it comes to most Irish couriers.
    The point is, i need to skip into town tomorrow and pick up 50 blank, ink-jet printable DVD's.
    I have seen light scribe (useless), printable CD's (useless), blank DVD's, non printable (just as useless) or maybe sticky labels (worse than useless).
    Does anyone know what shop in Limerick does blank, printable DVD's?
    If they are Verbatim, it's definitely a bonus, but I'll take anything, as long as it's DVD's and ink-jet printable.
    Cheers![/QUOTE

piracy is wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

try giving FSV a call, they might have those, I know they have the ordinary recordable dvds. worth a try

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

piracy is wrong

This is not piracy. No copyrighted material is involved.

angeldaisy wrote: »
    try giving FSV a call, they might have those, I know they have the ordinary recordable dvds. worth a try

FSV? Where are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FSV? Where are they?

Top of William Street, next to Gleason's Sports Store.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Top of William Street, next to Gleason's Sports Store.

Thanks, will try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Dutec on dock road definitely have them, they are open monday to friday.

Dutec on dock road definitely have them, they are open monday to friday.

Thanks for that tip, I did need them today, but will keep them in mind for future purchases.
    Actually found some printable Verbatims in Maplins, 50 of them did cost almost as much there as 150 cost me online including shipping, but it got me out of a bind.
    So now I can find out what my Irish courier has done with mine. I found that in about 85% of cases they:
    A: Deliver them to a random address and have anyone sign for them.
    B: Throw them in a corner of the warehouse
    or
    C: Just send them back to the sender.
    What they don't do is ask the sender, call the receiver, check the address or read a map.
    I have been ordering stuff online for over ten years and it always is a pain.
    I claim a conspiracy. Irish retailers deliberatley make sure that all delivery services here are run by incompetent morons (I've seen highly respected delivery companies send some random old dude around who would deliver stuff in his 1988 Golf), so we all get so fed up ordering online, we'll be happy to pay triple in their shops.
    Just a thought...;)

Advertisement