Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy shizzle the swtor queue time !

Options
  • 16-12-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Wow 45 mins for basilik driod ?

Decision time, stick with same server or move?

Will this happen another server ?

I think i might stick with it and hope queue times go down over time !

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Every server is the same, my current queue position is 1082 on Frostclaw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

I'd stick with Basilisk Droid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Are all the waves sent out or something , that the servers are swamped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Sorry didnt realise they were talking about this in another thread !

Sticking with BK anyways !

Just came back to the pc hoping to be logged in after 1 hr 15 mins and still 460 ahead of me in the queue, **** that goodnight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

I rolled on Kai-kan and no queues at all tonight, only pvp server like that. I'm in the irc chat of the tofn server and the whining is pretty epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Ah well Basilisk Droid is a FULL realm. Unfortunately I dont think Ill be joining the Irish guild so. Ill join a heavy server at most.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Ah well Basilisk Droid is a FULL realm. Unfortunately I dont think Ill be joining the Irish guild so. Ill join a heavy server at most.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

i recommend you stick it out, it will be like this till the dust settles. I feel your pain though, i pressed to enter Warzone and the game crashed and facing a 50 min queue atm. In the long run it will benefit you to stick with it, more craic with us guys here

Seriously considering re rolling from frostclaw server, seems to have the longest queues in Europe.
    Ill be guildless then however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

New games are always like this for the first couple of week. Better to be on a full server now, than an empty server in a couple of weeks when the initial surge dies down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Yip EVERY mmo starts like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

DrMorphine wrote: »

Exactly. I remember queueing on emerald dream when naxx 40 got released.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Is there any other servers where Irish guilds are rolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

i played rift for first 2 months. never had a que!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

CyberJuice wrote: »
    i played rift for first 2 months. never had a que!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1lfSzgcAw

:D:D

Welease wrote: »
    New games are always like this for the first couple of week. Better to be on a full server now, than an empty server in a couple of weeks when the initial surge dies down.

Yes but my point is some servers are worse than others,Frostclaw is 2 hours easily.
    Some are only 10 min queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DesertFox

There seems to be a couple of Irish on the Republic side on Kai-kan and absolutely no queues so far.
    Also everyone seems to speak English as that's the only language I've seen in General over the last 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Dcully wrote: »
    Every server is the same, my current queue position is 1082 on Frostclaw :(

Frostclaws server queues are mad

If its this bad now I wonder how bad its going to get on the 20th? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

cocoshovel wrote: »
    If its this bad now I wonder how bad its going to get on the 20th? :eek:

Since there was a limited supply of copies of swtor to help have a smooth launch, I would say 90% were preorders and will be in early access at some point. Very few people will be joining on launch day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Since there was a limited supply of copies of swtor to help have a smooth launch, I would say 90% were preorders and will be in early access at some point. Very few people will be joining on launch day

And if a lot of new people join what realm will they pick? I certainly wouldn't be choosing any realm with a high queue time, would be looking at a medium size realm with no hassle logging in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I remember in Aion i had a que of 100 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I remember in Aion i had a que of 100 hours :eek:

That was just to make the grind seem more interesting ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

On frostclaw the Queues are getting worse 2+ hours now i wish they would open up the login server more

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Was queueing for about an hour on Basilisk droid last night.

Not sure why they dont just boost the login servers or whatever it takes to lower the queues.

The server definately doesn't seem overpopulated to me.

Very few people will be joining on launch day

I will be :( Planning to pick it up in gamestop on the day.
    I certainly wouldn't be choosing any realm with a high queue time

Yeah but most people here and the Irish guild is on a high queue realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am in a EU/US Guild playing on the East Coast US Port Nowhere Server. I play mainly 8pm - midnight (ish) Irish Time and have not yet had to Queue once. Ping is a fairly constant 100-130ms. Might be a route for people to consider if Queuing is exceptionally bad on the EU servers at primetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Doubt the above.

Preorders in Europe were extremely low.

The US has three times the amount of servers to cope with the amount of US pre orders, Europe ahd very little in comparison.

Alot of people have learened you dont need to pre order anymore, so I'd say there will be a fair amount of people arriving in tomorrow on the 20th, believe me.

I went into Gamestop to see them charging me €50 ( robbing ****s) where HMV are reported to be selling for €40-45.

I'd say tomorrow will see a large spike in players.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Spent an hour queuing and got dc'd randomly. When I tried to re-queue I got error 1002- apparently if you get dc'd while in a queue the system keeps you in the queue and you cannot re-join the queue until the original period is up. So if I had not given up tonight, I'd spend 2 and a half hours trying to get in- this is simply not feasible if you work and commute. Sure it would almost be time for bed before I'd get on.

I am not sure I will bother playing- my mates are 12 levels ahead of me so even in the unlikely event I do get in and can play, I won't be able to do it with my mates and am too far behind to catch up.

I know everyone says queues are par for the course for an MMO- but this is my first one and the concept of having to wait 90+ mins to play something I have bought is just bizarre to me. I can't play any other game otherwise both will crash. There would be uproar if you paid for any other entertainment product and had this wait- could you imagine going to the cinema, paying and waiting hours to watch the movie?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

60 minutes queue on BD. Don't mind it today, as i've stuff to do while queueing. But if this gets any worse, than i'm off somewhere else. Not worth queueing for an hour to play for an hour.

Advertisement