Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy shizzle the swtor queue time !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I guess it's launch day.. 7am here, and Lord Calypho server is full with a queue of 100 people..

I pity you guys on Basalik or Frostclaw today :) (but at least your server shouldnbt be empty in a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

30 minute queue on BD, knew i should have gotten up earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

C.D. wrote: »
    I know everyone says queues are par for the course for an MMO- but this is my first one and the concept of having to wait 90+ mins to play something I have bought is just bizarre to me. I can't play any other game otherwise both will crash. There would be uproar if you paid for any other entertainment product and had this wait- could you imagine going to the cinema, paying and waiting hours to watch the movie?

The analogy doesn't really hold up, though, since your enjoyment of going to the cinema doesn't rely on others being present.

The reason this happens is to maintain a healthy population. If they opened a mountain of servers at the start, and everyone spread out over them, after a few months you'd end up with some of the servers as a wasteland, with low population, and given that it's an MMO, that's not exactly fun.

Sure, we have queues right now, but that won't last, and I suspect they will be increasing the population caps, but if they bumped them up a lot right now, more new players would just pile into them leaving some other servers with lower population (that will only dwindle in time). People have to spread out, hopefully more new players will go onto the new servers, things will settle and they'll sort everyone out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

30 minute queue on BD at 10:30am? ****, no chance of me getting in at 6pm tonight then, is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's looking like they have opened up a bunch of new servers so hopefully a good chunk of any new population will head off to them.

The existing ones are definitely getting hammered though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'm not one bit sorry that I have held off on the game until Friday when I have a. No work and b. A computer to play it. By that stage I fully expect that all these queue issues will have died down.

How's the story for the Imperial Agent v Trooper storyline, it's really between those two for me. IA has the major plus of a whopper accent while I love Tropper armor, so it's all about story for me now.

Draupnir wrote: »
    How's the story for the Imperial Agent v Trooper storyline, it's really between those two for me. IA has the major plus of a whopper accent while I love Tropper armor, so it's all about story for me now.
    During the beta I saw a leaked poll from the beta forums where Bioware were asking people what their favourite class story was. The IA won easily, take from that what you will.

For myself I'm a SW and just finished chapter one of the story. The start of the story was okish as it was basically 'serve your master' but towards the end of the chapter it picks up and the ending was a lot of fun and without spoiling anything it's making me feel like a genuine dark side Sith.

It's odd I actually kind of don't want to hit level cap now, if I could somehow just keep playing the story forever I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

if I could somehow just keep playing the story forever I'd be happy

This is very likely to be me aswell, so I can see myself rolling all 8 classes just to keep playing stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

TheDoc wrote: »
    Doubt the above.

Preorders in Europe were extremely low.

The US has three times the amount of servers to cope with the amount of US pre orders, Europe ahd very little in comparison.

Alot of people have learened you dont need to pre order anymore, so I'd say there will be a fair amount of people arriving in tomorrow on the 20th, believe me.

I went into Gamestop to see them charging me €50 ( robbing ****s) where HMV are reported to be selling for €40-45.

I'd say tomorrow will see a large spike in players.

They always planned to have limited amount of people playing at launch and to open it up to more every so often. They even have digital copies as sold out on release day. The amount of physical copies available are limited and so they wont have a huge impact. They will probably open up their servers to having a greater player limit and they will have more servers opening on launch day to deal with any extra load and also to give new players a fresh server

I dread to ask, but how are the queues on BD now?

Hopefully, they've lowered the amount of people allowed on the server today, in a bid to scare new people to other servers. And they will up the amount by the time i get home :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

edit: scratch that :D

Had a sneaky look on my laptop (planning ahead for tonight) but I'm not seeing that, could have been a temp problem but the pop limit has not changed I suspect.

My server (LoL) still has the same kind of queue as before (1000+ people), Tomb of Freedom Nadd is still showing a queue estimate of 1hr 45 mins+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Over 500 in the queue for me on BD just now when I logged in to play :(

I'll wait but if it ends up like yesterday with random disconnects and thrown back into a very long queue again then I won't be bothered.

Apologies to "die" from the guild, I got disconnected again last night while we were doing a flashback instance, was put back into a queue of over an hour so I gave up and went to play my alt on an American server instead.

I now have 3 characters spread across 3 servers, including one on an American East Coast server (Prophecy of The Five server) and all of those servers today have long queue times.

Almost feel like just starting again on a Light populated server, knowing that it will eventually fill up in a few days but at least won't have ridiculous queue times, probably an American East Coast server too rather than an EU one, just so at least I have English speaking people to play with if there's no Irish there.

Should pick/designate a Light populated server as an Alt server for Irish people in the various guilds, so if we haven't got time to wait in queues but want to play, then at least we can play together. Won't matter re-rolling as alts anyway, so long as there's a few of us playing together and levelling up together, would be good. Pick Republic though, pvp queue times are instant and it's not always Huttball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

koneko wrote: »
    The analogy doesn't really hold up, though, since your enjoyment of going to the cinema doesn't rely on others being present.

The reason this happens is to maintain a healthy population. If they opened a mountain of servers at the start, and everyone spread out over them, after a few months you'd end up with some of the servers as a wasteland, with low population, and given that it's an MMO, that's not exactly fun.

Sure, we have queues right now, but that won't last, and I suspect they will be increasing the population caps, but if they bumped them up a lot right now, more new players would just pile into them leaving some other servers with lower population (that will only dwindle in time). People have to spread out, hopefully more new players will go onto the new servers, things will settle and they'll sort everyone out.

Understand perfectly why they are doing it, but in my old age I've simply stopped caring :D and am less tolerant of such things!

Meh, I don't like queues, but I plan ahead to minimise annoyance :)
    Like tonight, I'll VNC in or have my boyfriend log me in when I'm on the way home. I'll make and eat my dinner, and then by the time I'm done, I'll be able to play.

It sucks, but it's usually only short-term, and I don't want to end up on a half empty server either (been there, and it makes for a very very dull MMO experience)

Position in queue: 1007

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm not too bad now, only 100 ahead of me for the queue into Trask Ulgo. Was worse during evenings of the early start actually.

nesf wrote: »
    Hmm not too bad now, only 100 ahead of me for the queue into Trask Ulgo. Was worse during evenings of the early start actually.
    Lucky git, game crashed here and dumped me straight into a 1200 queue. This could take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

So annoying , dont have alot of play time atm and when i do try and log on have to wait an Hour ! QQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

1st time loggin in 95th in Legions of Lettow Q, not too bad afk smoke :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

1st impressions game isn't nearly as polished as i expected, character movement is very jerky and noob zone is extremely laggy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Blowfish wrote: »
    Lucky git, game crashed here and dumped me straight into a 1200 queue. This could take a while.

RP servers ftw...

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    1st impressions game isn't nearly as polished as i expected, character movement is very jerky and noob zone is extremely laggy :(
    The game does have some bugs that need squishing but the animations and lag are not among them. I'd lower your graphical settings, especially shadows and see if that helps.

BD must be the busiest server. 9:10am and i'm in a queue, while no other server is listing one.

I checked half an hour ago and a lot were showing queues, unless BD suddenly got a big spike I'd say it's still a good way off being one of the busier servers (Tomb, , Bloodworthy, Frostclaw, Lettow)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Kiith wrote: »
    BD must be the busiest server. 9:10am and i'm in a queue, while no other server is listing one.

Frostclaw Server queues start at 730 am man a mate tried to log in before work and go a queue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just checked Frostclaw to see whats what and if i join queue im in position 937 @ 11:11 am :rolleyes:
    Whats it gonna be like later on when i have time to play :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Nightmare Lands nearly always has a queue. One of the more populated PvE servers.

Hopefully this will calm down a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My server has a 30 minute queue now :/

Not logging out at all today then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Queues are pretty much game breaking, if they don't sort them out and fast, they could lose an awful lot of subscriptions past the first month. Which is fine, as that in itself will sort the queues out, but it's not good for the game or the community if it happens like that.

Open up more servers and allow free transfers, including whole guild transfers.

I'm a bit worried at how badly they allowed the queue issue to become and not had any backup plans at all to deal with it, seems very amateur.

Advertisement