Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy shizzle the swtor queue time !

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

oxo_ wrote: »
    Queues are pretty much game breaking, if they don't sort them out and fast, they could lose an awful lot of subscriptions past the first month. Which is fine, as that in itself will sort the queues out, but it's not good for the game or the community if it happens like that.

Open up more servers and allow free transfers, including whole guild transfers.

I'm a bit worried at how badly they allowed the queue issue to become and not had any backup plans at all to deal with it, seems very amateur.

Yeah they were trying to avoid the Rift route of having too many servers then merging them but now they have a load of full servers as people are avoiding the light ones, thinking they're empty or lack players for group content.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Yeah they were trying to avoid the Rift route of having too many servers then merging them but now they have a load of full servers as people are avoiding the light ones, thinking they're empty or lack players for group content.

Guild transfer would be nice , i really can not see them sorting the queue issues out on the servers , from reading that post they put up on the forums

jeawan wrote: »
    Guild transfer would be nice , i really can not see them sorting the queue issues out on the servers , from reading that post they put up on the forums

My server is now a 40 minute wait and this at noon. Imagine 5-6 this evening when everyone else logs on. They need to offer server transfers for guilds.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

How about they assign a queue time for people that we not part of the original guild Deployment and for those of us that preordered and set up our guilds and were assigned to said servers would face NO queue.
    Only those that joined the server seperately would have to face the queue times. And yeah that would mean Artificial queue times so they would have to queue even if the server was only on Standard.

I dont see why those people that preordered are being punished along with everyone else when they preordered the game and set up their guilds for deployment and were assigned to that server.

My apologies to those offended by what i say if it means you would have to queue when we would not, but i think it fair for BW to look after those that went through the system they set up and get us out of the queue times first. Then they can deal with those not assigned to our server seperately

For full servers, they should increase the server pop then lock the server at least until the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When I got home last night around 7, I jumped straight in. I thought "good news" and went to have dinner. When I came back there was a less than 10 minute queue which was not ideal, but didn't ruin my night.

I think pre-order people should be bumped up queues and I think Collector's Edition gods like me shouldn't ever have to queue after forking out €150 on the game cause I'm an eejit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

I take some heart though in my decision to roll an alt on a US East coast server rather than another EU server.
    As it was with Rift, the same applies here I've found and that is - their primetime is more or less my sleepy time but if I wanted, I could join an early raiding guild to get my raids in during my primetime.
    If I'm a night owl, I get to play on their primetime and if I'm an early morning person, I get to play with late raiding guilds. Perfect solution plus I'm only ever playing with people who speak English as their main language.
    Playing Republic side I also get instant pvp any time of the day, even when the server is listed as "light" as it's their early morning time, straight out of one pvp game and into another, I've already got near 50k credits built up at level 19, all my level 20 pvp gear bought in advance plus a load of the next level pvp merc tokens bought as I'd nothing else to spend them on due to maxing out pvp tokens all the time (max of 1,000 you can hold only before you need to spend them).

There's still queues on the US servers for sure, but they don't hit hard until late at night our time, when I should be sleeping anyway.

I would though prefer to play with EGB/ATT on Basilisk Droid server but I just can't bring myself to queue up for long periods plus I've been disconnected a few times already and thrown back out to another long queue due to bugs in the game (pvp bugs disconnecting me or bugs from random searches or items on the auction house or whatever they call it).

It's only going to get worse over the holiday period and I can't see Bioware doing anything about it until well into the new year, given that it would seem like they had no backup plan at all for this scenario.

Great game though, subbed up for 3 months for now. Looking forward to hitting 50, gearing up and seeing what end game pvp and pve brings. So many Empire keyboard turners and clickers in the warzones too, it's just like so many free kills, brings a happy tear to my eye :sniff: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Nice to see your having fun and having a good time at pvp mate! :D

Im just wondering what tips you have for choosing a class for pvp? Im currently playing a Jedi Guardian and i seem to be quite weak ( level 18 ) in pvp and i was wondering are other classes like this or are some classes OP for pvp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

My server has a 30 minute queue now :/

Not logging out at all today then.
    I think that's the ironic thing about queuing. It's basically a self fulfilling prophecy as to avoid queue's peope inevitably come up with creating ways to stay logged in for hours on end.

I played a bit earlyish this morning (8am-10am). Already you can see a load of characters on the imperial fleet which are macroed to move once every few seconds to keep them logged in all night.

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Nice to see your having fun and having a good time at pvp mate! :D

Im just wondering what tips you have for choosing a class for pvp? Im currently playing a Jedi Guardian and i seem to be quite weak ( level 18 ) in pvp and i was wondering are other classes like this or are some classes OP for pvp?

I dunno anything about Jedi Guardians Mikey other than they make a great tank (you can taunt players in pvp too!). They have 2 decent damage tree's too so I dunno. I can't see any class as being underpowered or any as overpowered. I think Bioware done a great job from the start at balancing the classes really well in pvp. Each has their pro's and cons but none are bad if spec'd right in their talents and played well.

Don't let anyone tell you what class to play though, just decide yourself what suits you best and what you enjoy most, then make the best of it by learning what your class is good at in pvp and what you shouldn't be doing. I see a lot of Jedi Guardians flying across the maps with their flying stomp thingy and then locking people down, so make use of that anyway, it's a bugger when they catch you with it.

I play Jedi Consular Shadow and a Sith Inquisitor Assassin, same class, different sides (different servers). It's a stealth rogue like class and I've seen people moaning in pvp about it being underpowered. It's not, no way is it underpowered. I have no issues at all in pvp with the class, it's brilliant.

You just have to learn to keymap your abilities, how they work, when to use them and when to save cooldowns plus position yourself well throughout the fights. Your biggest damage dealer is Shadow Strike, which deals massive damage but can only be used when behind a target. If you get two off in quick succession and they both crit, you'd be doing near 7k damage in two hits in Warzone pvp at level 10.

Stealth will come into it's own if/when world pvp kicks in, you can pick and choose your targets, be sneaky, cause nerd rage, jump on some poor guy at less than half health and one shot him with a Shadow Strike !

Play about a bit with all classes, read up on them via http://www.torhead.com/player-classes and other sites to get a quick idea of what they're about but your Jedi Guardian would be fine in pvp, just need to get used to it and figure out the playstyle required I guess.

• Advertisement

A friend just told me on Frostclaw t hat there is no queue at the moment were as there was a 2hour one a few hours ago wonder if they fixed it ,

PVP wise Jedi guardian is a tank there fore he tend to get hammered in pvp more so as people seen to target me more i do ok in it so far am level 23 but i do get targeted quite a bit

Mikey, if they've fixed the queue times on Basilisk Droid too and you're thinking or re-rolling another class for pvp, I'll do the same as I was thinking of re-rolling as an Imperial Agent - Operative (Healer with Stealth) for the guild, rather than just another dps. Or actually don't, I'll just re-roll if they've fixed the queue times and I'll then join pvp with you and heal your Guardian ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

A friend just told me on Frostclaw t hat there is no queue at the moment were as there was a 2hour one a few hours ago wonder if they fixed it ,

PVP wise Jedi guardian is a tank there fore he tend to get hammered in pvp more so as people seen to target me more i do ok in it so far am level 23 but i do get targeted quite a bit

God i hope so.

Was queueing on BD for 90 mins last night between 7.15 and 8.45.

Going to have to setup a remote desktop from work or something so i can login.

Psychosis wrote: »
    God i hope so.

Was queueing on BD for 90 mins last night between 7.15 and 8.45.

Going to have to setup a remote desktop from work or something so i can login.

Hahaha talking to a mate in Email just now about this he is annoyed as he can not see if the queues are fixed as he gets a black screen when he tries to do this . i will have to leave my PC on from now on though

Well the queues aren't fixed anyway for Basilisk Driod, 800 at the moment, over an hour estimated wait...
    Another queue forcing an Irishman to emigrate to America lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I suspect they're slowly increasing the number of players allowed onto each server to stress them. That or queues are extremely volatile on my server and decrease for some reason during prime time...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

Got disconnected after waiting an hour or so in queue for Basilisk Droid, when I got back down the queue was only for 20 minutes or so, good times. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

oxo_ wrote: »
    I take some heart though in my decision to roll an alt on a US East coast server rather than another EU server.
    As it was with Rift, the same applies here I've found and that is - their primetime is more or less my sleepy time but if I wanted, I could join an early raiding guild to get my raids in during my primetime.
    If I'm a night owl, I get to play on their primetime and if I'm an early morning person, I get to play with late raiding guilds. Perfect solution plus I'm only ever playing with people who speak English as their main language.
    Playing Republic side I also get instant pvp any time of the day, even when the server is listed as "light" as it's their early morning time, straight out of one pvp game and into another, I've already got near 50k credits built up at level 19, all my level 20 pvp gear bought in advance plus a load of the next level pvp merc tokens bought as I'd nothing else to spend them on due to maxing out pvp tokens all the time (max of 1,000 you can hold only before you need to spend them).

There's still queues on the US servers for sure, but they don't hit hard until late at night our time, when I should be sleeping anyway.

I would though prefer to play with EGB/ATT on Basilisk Droid server but I just can't bring myself to queue up for long periods plus I've been disconnected a few times already and thrown back out to another long queue due to bugs in the game (pvp bugs disconnecting me or bugs from random searches or items on the auction house or whatever they call it).

It's only going to get worse over the holiday period and I can't see Bioware doing anything about it until well into the new year, given that it would seem like they had no backup plan at all for this scenario.

Great game though, subbed up for 3 months for now. Looking forward to hitting 50, gearing up and seeing what end game pvp and pve brings. So many Empire keyboard turners and clickers in the warzones too, it's just like so many free kills, brings a happy tear to my eye :sniff: :D

What US server you on Oxo, think I might do the same. Getting really tired of the q on Basilisk droid and if they dont do something quick I might just drop the game altogether.

bombs away wrote: »
    What US server you on Oxo, think I might do the same. Getting really tired of the q on Basilisk droid and if they dont do something quick I might just drop the game altogether.

Prophecy of the Five - US East coast - Republic side (instant pvp)

Haven't bothered joining a guild yet but the general chat channels are a good laugh anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its catch 22, and EA/Bioware can;t win. Too many servers and they will have to merge them in a couple of months, a sensible number of servers and you will have ridic Q's for a month while everyone is playing insane hours every day. Not sure there is a good way to roll out a highly popular MMO.

• Advertisement

This is actually getting stupid now. I cannot register as i am in a queue for the website. Going on 30 minutes now.

This is actually getting stupid now. I cannot register as i am in a queue for the website. Going on 30 minutes now.

ahaha i have got in three times put my information into there site and got kicked back to there main page

I have given up i cant even access the website.

I'm in work with very little else to do at the moment so will keep trying

I'm in work with very little else to do at the moment so will keep trying

Over an hour waiting at this stage. Not a huge deal, won't get to play until the kids are in bed tonight anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

ahaha i have got in three times put my information into there site and got kicked back to there main page

I put in my code about 15 times b4 i wasn't kicked back to the main page and was finally able set up a sub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Omphin wrote: »
    I put in my code about 15 times b4 i wasn't kicked back to the main page and was finally able set up a sub

Been trying all afternoon to setup CC info on my account, got as far as choosing which type of subscription I wanted only for the website to die on me once and been back in the waiting room since then.

Right got in fine there. Launched the game and followed the link to add a sub from there and it worked a lot better than trying to get into the SWTOR site from my browser.

Or maybe I got lucky.

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Legions of Lettow is normally a 400-600 Q, time to afk for a smoke and a pancake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KINGPIN

Ah log on, go make tea , wash some clothes ! But hang in their people , large Irish community here that will that be savage in the long run !

Advertisement