Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for AH for tongue-in-cheek trollish comment, the type of which AH is full of..

Options
  • 16-12-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

...and would be empty without.

I can't remember the thread title and I can't go back and check now obviously, but what I said was, 'to be fair, all muslims are ****.'

I DO NOT THINK THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE ****. Reconsider my ban please.

amendment to thread title: banned from AH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

pbowenroe wrote: »
    ...and would be empty without.

I can't remember the thread title and I can't go back and check now obviously, but what I said was, 'to be fair, all muslims are ****.'

I DO NOT THINK THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE ****. Reconsider my ban please.

amendment to thread title: banned from AH

Hi pbowenroe

I think your assertion in your thread title and post are incorrect, Ah is not full of comments such as "to be fair, muslims are a pack of ****" which is what you posted (you can log out of Boards and view AH if you want to see it)

Whilst AH can have posts which express some very fortright and near the bone opinions these are usually backed up with some substance

if you just post "to be fair, muslims are a pack of ****" without any justification what else can you expect for people to take it as your opinion and to get banned for it (to be honest the same phrase even with justification would probably earn a banning), replace Muslims with your creed/colour or ethinc group of choice and the outcome would be the same

Looking back over your posts in AH I think it might be worthwhile if you took this time out to gain a better understanding of how it works, yes there are plenty of threads where one line taking the piss replies are fine but there are plenty of serious threads where a bit more thought are needed and coming in with a one liner is seen as trolling, there is a balance there and it is a fine one but it is one worth noting, a continuation of your posting style and perception of AH might lead to further incidents like this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Marking this closed. OP has not responded since 16th.

7 day ban was reasonable, and expires later today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement