Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Hits Xbox Spring 2012!

Options
  • 16-12-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I'm suprised there's not talk of this yet, Minecraft will be released on XBLA Spring 2012, I pressume it will then be later released on PSN. What's everyones thoughts on this? I'll definately get it but not sure if I'll like it mainly because of not being able to use the mouse, the pad may not pull it off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well MS have said it's an exclusive and will feature Kinect support but who knows how long that will last. As for how it plays, well FortressCraft, the XBLIG variant of the game, has gone down extremely well so far so I reckon it'll be fine. The cross-platform play aspect is a welcome surprise though, should be interested to see how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Well I think it will be a better thing rather then worse overall, looking forward to it :) Any idea how much it cost? I'm only getting LIVE set up next month so I've no idea what the price ranges are like :P

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Well I think it will be a better thing rather then worse overall, looking forward to it :) Any idea how much it cost? I'm only getting LIVE set up next month so I've no idea what the price ranges are like :P
    I'd be amazed if it wasn't 1200MS points which equates to roughly €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if it wasn't 1200MS points which equates to roughly €12.
    Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How are the mods going to work?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How are the mods going to work?
    Do you mean how will people playing the game on the 360 join modded games running on the PC?

Or do you mean how will mods work on the 360 version in general.

In both cases I'd wager the answer will be, they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah thinking that myself, kinda one of those things that sounded good in a MSFT meeting but in reality Minecraft isnt that good without mods.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Do you mean how will people playing the game on the 360 join modded games running on the PC?

Or do you mean how will mods work on the 360 version in general.

Notch and Jeb have both stated that a number of mods will be supported by the game and will be interchangable ingame, paving the way for updatable mod content, or in Microsoft language, DLC :rolleyes:

Advertisement