Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic songwriting gigs

Options
  • 16-12-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey everyone! I am a solo artist in Kildare and I have a lot of my own material which I would love to share with people at a gig. I have played plenty of gigs at pubs and competitions and what not, but I am wondering are there any special dates or venues made for musicians where they can go and play their own music? I would love to go not just to play but to listen to other peoples material too. At pub gigs and parties its very hard to sit back and listen/play peoples own music, it usually tends to be drunk people requesting the charts stuff! theres nothing wrong with this, I love pub gigs! but if anyone knows of any venues or anything of this kind, please do let me know! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

I know a few friends that have gone to this on occasion, maybe something similar to what you're looking for, but it is in dublin...

http://www.theivyhouse.ie/the-arts/music/
    Bottom of left hand list. 'Sunday - The Ivy Sessions'
    and forgive me if im wrong but i believe you can get a high quality recording of your performance when you play at it.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

mark182 wrote: »
    I know a few friends that have gone to this on occasion, maybe something similar to what you're looking for, but it is in dublin...

http://www.theivyhouse.ie/the-arts/music/
    Bottom of left hand list. 'Sunday - The Ivy Sessions'
    and forgive me if im wrong but i believe you can get a high quality recording of your performance when you play at it.

Hope this helps

Cheers man thats a great help! Do you have to pay for the recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Cheers man thats a great help! Do you have to pay for the recording?

Ye you have to pay, but its only a few euro if anything, you get it on a CD so you can just copy it as much as you'd like then.

I'm pretty sure its the venue that do the recording anyway, because my friend has a copy of his set there and i recall him saying they did it for him. Comes in handy as a live EP or whatever you wished

Advertisement