Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuclear Dawn free weekend on Steam

Options
  • 17-12-2011 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

In case you'd like to try something totally different: a nicely done mix of FPS and RTS. I love it since the day I started playing it. Way more tactical and require a lot of teamplay, orelse you're pretty much screwed. 4 different classes, two slightly different sides with their equipment.

Info from the site:
    Nuclear Dawn is an online multiplayer game that combines the savage action of first person shooters, with the deep branching gameplay of real time strategy titles.

Forge your own destiny on the field of battle with 12 different player loadouts, customisable ammo selection, and powerful class upgrades. Change the face of the map, by erecting powerful defensive structures, war factories and cloning stations, power generators and armouries, and ensure the safe and timely delivery of each structure to your players.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

looks interesting but you'll probably get it cheaper in the Xmas sale

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Crosáidí wrote: »
    looks interesting but you'll probably get it cheaper in the Xmas sale
    ......It's 40% off, what the hell do you think its going to get marked down to???

Had fun. Bought it. Want to play commander. Gets mixed reviews but I wager it's down to getting into a game with a good commander.

66%, maybe 75% if we're lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Gets mixed reviews but I wager it's down to getting into a game with a good commander.
    this. servers are crowded with newbies now, so no chance for the 'real' game with proper commander and proper squads teamwork. you'll see what I mean tomorrow :)
    not to mention devs are planning lots of new stuff to be added such as vehicles(didn't make it to the final game, but they promised them to be released) and new maps (2 confirmed)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Got into the commander chair. The UI doesn't make it easy to suss out that you've applied to be it for one and another on high resolution the text that asks you to confirm you want to be commander is quite small.

But I've gotten in the chair and save for an early attempt at mutiny I coaxed them over voice chat and it worked well. The team was stomping regardless so it was a great time to learn the tech tree. 5 minutes later we had gone from no buildings to choking them at their base. Played a couple more rounds before the server emptied out :) commander is fun just try to listen to your troops on the ground. Nobody was really using the Voice Commands so I couldn't see if there were any good UI features to help point out were soldiers needed supplies and such but its easy enough to pick out the front lines and build up on the chokepoints.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    ......It's 40% off, what the hell do you think its going to get marked down to???

Had fun. Bought it. Want to play commander. Gets mixed reviews but I wager it's down to getting into a game with a good commander.

Good things come to those who................. wait! :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/

Advertisement