Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta skin not showing drop down menu's

Options
  • 17-12-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭

The beta skin isn't showing the forums in the drop down when I hover over the categories. It just shows the category name but no forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Same here.

I'm running Chrome on Windows 7.

Started about 10 mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Same in Firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Same in Safari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

How do we change skins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Down at the very bottom.

It's a nice change going back to default for a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Same here:

185515.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Same! Mega pain in the bollocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Same here, Chrome on Vista

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ditto. FF 8.0 on XP SP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

brimal wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Down at the very bottom.

It's a nice change going back to default for a while :)

You could not be further from the truth. Fecking Ipad hates it...:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Same here on OSX Firefox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm having the same menu problem as the pics above. Firefox on Windows 7 (I think :D ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Same in FF on Ubuntu 11.04. Please someone fix it. Don't force me back to the default skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I selected the White skin *shudder* the drop downs are there but are not allowing any to be selected

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's the same for me on Opera 11.60 :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I will look at this when I'm home in about an hour, thanks for the reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

should be back up now guys apologies, the skin is called beta for a reason ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

It worked for a while but its broken for me again :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Broken again for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep. Gone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

It's back for me.:D

The beta menu will need manual regeneration because it's auto-regeneration which happens at 00:05 every day is currently experiencing issues.

We know this is happening and is due to happen, the problem has not been resolved which is why the bug report is still open and marked as a bug and not closed/marked as resolved.

In other words, you'll probably be back here in roughly 24hrs reporting the same thing again. We'll provide updates once it's resolved, thanks for bearing with us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

In other words, you'll probably be back here in roughly 24hrs reporting the same thing again. We'll provide updates once it's resolved, thanks for bearing with us :)

Yep :D 00:06 :pac:

The beta menu will need manual regeneration because it's auto-regeneration which happens at 00:05 every day is currently experiencing issues.

We know this is happening and is due to happen, the problem has not been resolved which is why the bug report is still open and marked as a bug and not closed/marked as resolved.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE DANNY! :D

You guys have had advanced warning all weekend now - Beta should not be considered bug free, or else it wouldn't be called Beta. I even got more explicit and told you it was going to happen again but still you didn't change styles for just 24 more hours. That is some dedicated beta-love right there.

I will look at this first thing tomorrow because I'm the one who's updated the menus and how they generate. I'm also incredibly curious now as to how something when done manually works fine, when on the dev servers appears to work fine and when done on production servers automatically results in failsauce.

Needless to say, beta menus have been regenerated, I'll see you all in a few hours ;)

You guys have had advanced warning all weekend now - Beta should not be considered bug free, or else it wouldn't be called Beta. I even got more explicit and told you it was going to happen again but still you didn't change styles for just 24 more hours. That is some dedicated beta-love right there.

I will look at this first thing tomorrow because I'm the one who's updated the menus and how they generate. I'm also incredibly curious now as to how something when done manually works fine, when on the dev servers appears to work fine and when done on production servers automatically results in failsauce.

Needless to say, beta menus have been regenerated, I'll see you all in a few hours ;)

Shes working again... Thanks!

I'll no longer be getting emails all throughout the wee hours confirming something I know :p

Issue resolved, thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement