Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta skin issue

Options
  • 17-12-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,168 ✭✭✭✭

just happening, i can get into "My Forums" just fine, but all the other categories have no subforums listed, ie. I hover over Rec and just get the orange text for Recreation in a small box; I dont see after hours or nothin'. just me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Me too.

Using beta skin.

Switched to beta previously because there were similar problems with old skins (menu not showing).

I imagine there are more affected, except one can't really get to boards.ie feedback without googling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Same, nothing else appearing in the drop downs when in beta skin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Same here, tis quite annoying :P

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,168 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKb96-EfRsLYVR2jur5Fef6DNg1zDu7RMkIe8W61hUQqxMj3mpDcY3UNjmiw

I seriously just used Hot Lips to navigate to After Hours. Is that sexual harassment?

• Advertisement

I'm happy to facilitate you,harass away!

/that does not read well..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Same issue... someone poke the dead sleeping hamster :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ditto for me, though the Boards.ie and My Forums dropdown still works for me(Firefox/Safari/Opera on Mac OS 10.6).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Boards is very slow for me atm, anyone else having the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm also having this issue on the beta skin.

FF 8.0 on XP SP3, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Oh yeah, typical, ye've been doing a lot of site tweaking, I've noticed, First the post of the day, now this, Fix it till it's broke!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Jeepers, before the lads have a fit -- Site Development is the place for Bug reports -- there's a thread on it already here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Weird. Have now gone back to default, rather than beta
    and what's the difference? I can't see any (except the dropdown menus are back again :) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Working like a charm now. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,168 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

star-pants wrote: »
    Jeepers, before the lads have a fit -- Site Development is the place for Bug reports -- there's a thread on it already here
    I didn't have a link to Site Development!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Overheal wrote: »
    I didn't have a link to Site Development!! :cool:

It's a good thing we've got many more option for forum navigation. Like

1) Going to the main page and scrolling to the right forum
    2) Going to the main page and using the browser's find feature
    3) Going to the main page and going to the sys category, working to Site Dev from there

Laziness is no excuse ;)

Advertisement