Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC now supplying Cisco EPC3925 for faster speeds?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mildsteel

hi, i recieved my cisco 3925 from upc and as has been mentioned here i switched it to bridge mode and connected my lynsky e2000 which i have flashed with ddwrt firmware. Connected earthnet cable into port 1 on both..I should mention that i also disabled the wireless on the ciso before i swiched it to brige mode, i have connected all the devices to lan ports on the lynsky and all works fine. I must say i found wireless not to good on the cisco but all working well now with the lynsky.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

anyone know how to log into cisco 3925 when in bridge mode ???

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

ok found it guys cisco 3925 when in bridge mode in the setting is it better to run in bridge mode ???

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

ok found it guys cisco 3925 when in bridge mode in the setting is it better to run in bridge mode ???

thanks

It depends on what you want... got my 2 3925's running in bridge mode connected to a Mikrotik Router, and its working grand... if you want to hook up your own wifi router, custom network setup, etc, then bridge mode is best... i also found something interesting... plugged a second machine into one of the other ports (port 1 => microtik, port 2 => other server) and they both now have public IP addresses... not sure what the limit is yet, but interesting none the less...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

does anyone find these routers overheat a lot and slow down?

• Advertisement

does anyone find these routers overheat a lot and slow down?

I have found mine to be warm... I did just put it into bridge mode in the last few days, but have not found if they are hotter or colder... a small pc fan running blowing air across it may help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

lotas wrote: »
    It depends on what you want... got my 2 3925's running in bridge mode connected to a Mikrotik Router, and its working grand... if you want to hook up your own wifi router, custom network setup, etc, then bridge mode is best... i also found something interesting... plugged a second machine into one of the other ports (port 1 => microtik, port 2 => other server) and they both now have public IP addresses... not sure what the limit is yet, but interesting none the less...

limit is 3

limit is 3

handy to know... thanks!

Advertisement