Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

stop proving the fact that you are a muppet, seriously ;)
    Were you abused by a pair of skinny jeans as a young child, by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm not going to report you for personal abuse because I feel sorry for you.

Here.

Lost cause, seriously.
    Just let it go.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 NotSoSeriously

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Were you abused by a pair of skinny jeans as a young child, by any chance?

Quite possible I suppose, although I can't remember any of it if I was :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Song relevant to topic, though not indicative of my views:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

It's facebook, get a real security system

Oh snap, girlfrien'!

EDIT: you posted the link wrong, had to edit it a bit. Learn how to use a computer. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A chap walked into my local with a pair on only last week, the poor bastard was teased something fierce I say. All in good sport though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Here. or http://i41.tinypic.com/2zta59h.jpg

Why are you wrapping the URLs in inverted commas? That's where you're going wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Dilla! wrote: »
    Are they too feminine for men to wear?

Skinny jeans are for 2 types of people:
    1. Women.
    2. Gay men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

seanybiker wrote: »
    Nobody should wear skinny jeans. Men and women look like mucking fuppets with them on.
    bull****,I look fabulous in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

AstridBean wrote: »

Here. or http://i41.tinypic.com/2zta59h.jpg

Why are you wrapping the URLs in inverted commas? That's where you're going wrong.

Sure?
    Every other time I've ever posted a link ice done this and it's worked.

Also, I'm using my phone, not my computer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Kanoe wrote: »
    bull****,I look fabulous in them.

Your boyfriend would say that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Terrible looking yokes on lads not much better on wimmin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Fcuking great.

I just spent a small fortune on reinventing myself via the clothes in my wardrobe and skinny jeans form the basis of my whole new look.

What the fcuk do I do now, I carted of a few bin liners of old clobber to the clothes bin in Tescos carpark last week.
    Not a clue where the receipt for my new gear are, so returning them is out.

If anyone has some regular jeans going spare perhaps they might post them on to me?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I will never understand how some people get so worked up and even angry over what clothes another person is wearing, it really baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I don't even like wearing tight underwear so why in the name of God would I wear such an atrocity.

Also, you can't put anything in the pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I quite like them:o although I do have very sexy legs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

any man who wears skinny jeans should be berated insulted and has no rights because of wearing such attire its as bad as wearing budgie smugglers :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Would like to see some exemplary displays of style from the boardsies who have such an inexplicable pathological hatred for tight jeans.

I envision badly-fitted jeans with running shoes, band t-shirts and **** beards.

My jeans fit fine and when the waist is a bit loose, i wear a belt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They suit some guys. I like slim and slightly stylish men myself so if they get the look right its fine by me. Pointy shoes though, **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

1210m5g wrote: »
    I will never understand how some people get so worked up and even angry over what clothes another person is wearing, it really baffles me.

And who in this thread would you think has gotten angry over men wearing skinny jeans? It's a discussion board,just because we're giving opinions doesn't mean anybody gets angry over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

tbh i was quite pleased when i heard that the phenomenon was dying off.
    about a year ago someone told me skinny jeans were on the way out again...
    why do they lie? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I wish i could wear skinny jeans but its just impossible for me with my muscular legs and large penis:mad:

but they are the ones that are supposed to be wearing them :confused:

And who in this thread would you think has gotten angry over men wearing skinny jeans? It's a discussion board,just because we're giving opinions doesn't mean anybody gets angry over it

I wasn't even directing that comment at anyone on here, i was talking about some people in the real world who feel the need to point,laugh,shout abuse and even attack people who wear clothes that is different to their chosen style. Its only clothes. Although i'm sure i read a comment from someone on here saying that men who wear skinny jeans should be shot, that sound pretty angry :)

Ah well yes that is stupid.no one deserves abuse for what they're wearing.

And I would think the should be shot comment wasn't serious exactly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Sky King wrote: »
    I dunno about feminine, but I do think they look pretty bent.

And they are as uncomfortable as fk.

So they look bent...

...but you've worn them? :D

They're made with cock space, unless they're girls jeans but only twats are ever in them.
    (lol)

Nah, they make grown men look like elves.

Ah well yes that is stupid.no one deserves abuse for what they're wearing.

And I would think the should be shot comment wasn't serious exactly

Of course it was that why i put the smiley:)

Oh snap, girlfrien'!

EDIT: you posted the link wrong, had to edit it a bit. Learn how to use a computer. ;)

What do you mean "EDIT"?

You know this isn't ink right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

No no jeans are too feminine or manly for either sex to wear its more about personality

If youre a blokes bloke maybe not if you like them then why not don't let marketing control what you wear

-Yours truly
    A man wearing a dress.
    xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Im wearing skinny jeans right now :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

They're not the painted on type.

Yeah he did outline that earlier in the thread - he mentioned a few different variations of them. The painted on sort are a bit of an eyesore alright. Slim ones can look very good on people.

As for all the talk of them affecting genetalia etc, most cuts of these kind of jeans these days leave plenty of room there.

The bacon and cabbage boys, of bootcut and bootcut only persuasion, will naturally hate anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's not so much the jeans themselves which offend me, it's the dickheads who tend to wear them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think they look very bad on guys and sexeh on my gf. Although i do have a male friend ho wears them and looks fine bit I think it is as he is so skinny they look more normal.:p

Would like to see some exemplary displays of style from the boardsies who have such an inexplicable pathological hatred for tight jeans.

I envision badly-fitted jeans with running shoes, band t-shirts and **** beards.

You envision? What is that, some kinda superpower?
    You see kids, skinny jeans are dangerous, they cause you to make up words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Uh? http://thesaurus.com/browse/envision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Here ya go smart arse!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Post some examples of what you mean by skinny. Some people mean skin-tight when they say skinny jeans, others mean anything that's not baggy. The skin-tight stuff you'd see in River Island or Topman looks bad on 99% of men.

These are perfect fit imo (although I'm not too big on cuffing) and they'd be slim, but definitely not skinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

OctavarIan wrote: »
    These are perfect fit imo (although I'm not too big on cuffing) and they'd be slim, but definitely not skinny.

The pins on him , rawr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

First time I heard the term jeggings was on Conan O'Briens show.

http://blog.myfdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Conan-Jeggings.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rubadub wrote: »
    First time I heard the term jeggings was on Conan O'Briens show.

http://blog.myfdb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Conan-Jeggings.jpg

KILL IT WITH FIRE

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Post some examples of what you mean by skinny. Some people mean skin-tight when they say skinny jeans, others mean anything that's not baggy. The skin-tight stuff you'd see in River Island or Topman looks bad on 99% of men.

I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, actually I hate them, but these look fine. I'd wear these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I couldn't care less what anyone else wears. The only problem I have is when an item of clothing becomes popular in Ireland shops don't seem to stock anything else. I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of jeans (apart from Levis) that were a decent fit and weren't boot cut, faded, ripped or with pockets, zips and patches in weird places. I miss being able to buy normal, new looking jeans that fit properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Skinny jeans on men... Something I will never understand unless you're a unic.

I couldn't care less what anyone else wears. The only problem I have is when an item of clothing becomes popular in Ireland shops don't seem to stock anything else. I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of jeans (apart from Levis) that were a decent fit and weren't boot cut, faded, ripped or with pockets, zips and patches in weird places. I miss being able to buy normal, new looking jeans that fit properly.

same problem for women. most I expect don't actually care, because they follow fashion trends and just buy whatever's out, but I just like normal clothes. it's fairly difficult to get a regular anything anymore.

though I have taken a little to skinny jeans myself. but it's ok. i'm a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Baggy jeans look like ****e
    Skinny jeans look and feel like ****e

Slim cut jeans...perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

brummytom wrote: »
    Any lad who wears them should be shot in the bollocks

indeed.....and as an added bonus the bollocks are significantly easier to locate when the target is wearing skinny jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

rubadub wrote: »

Thats the answer there. Any man who is thinking on going down the skinny jeans route just think of Conan in that photo. Thank you Conan you have saved mankind from further embarrassment. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Yup!

Advertisement