Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Fcuking great.

I just spent a small fortune on reinventing myself via the clothes in my wardrobe and skinny jeans form the basis of my whole new look.

What the fcuk do I do now, I carted of a few bin liners of old clobber to the clothes bin in Tescos carpark last week.
    Not a clue where the receipt for my new gear are, so returning them is out.

If anyone has some regular jeans going spare perhaps they might post them on to me?.

Don't panic if you are young and realitively slim you'll get away wth them no bother . If your pudgy and well into your 30's then bad luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

later10 wrote: »

I wouldn't really describe them as skinny. When i think of skinny i think of that gob****e on x factor. Frankie Cocozza with the jeans tight around the calves... horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

These 'Skinny jeans means your probably gay and should be reported to the authorities LOLZ!' comments are beyond woeful. They were old before the topic was even posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Wearing ma skinnies tanight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

brummytom wrote: »
    Any lad who wears them should be shot in the bollocks

Any lad that wears them doesn't have bollocks...

Mate of mine was telling me that another mate of his was in town buying a few clothes. Lad in shop was hassling him and giving him t-shirts to try on.
    Gave him a pair of skinny jeans to try as well. He tried them on, looked in the mirror and thought "I'd love to beat the sh#t out of myself now"...

• Advertisement

In Vietnam, very tight jeans are just normal.. At home, it's a statement I hate but here, everyone from your mechanic to your doctor learning English wears them. So yea, it's not the jeans, it's just the hipster statement with big stupid pointy shoes that I hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Pssshh! You're all just too 'big' to wear them. ;)

jk. :p Sure anyway it's all about the new 'chino' style now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

du Maurier wrote: »
    The bacon and cabbage boys, of bootcut and bootcut only persuasion, will naturally hate anything else.

Ah yes, the "squares". You skinny jean-wearing men are so radical. Nope, some people just think they look crap. Men who like wearing them will have to deal with it and if they are confident in themselves, won't care what people think and won't have to resort to implying that men who don't like them are dull Mammy's boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Just take one look at Paul Galvin and then decide... so ridiculas it makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Flaker

Straight leg jeans can look great on a guy - shows off the bum to perfection I find. But skinny jeans? Not on bloke. Ever. Paul Galvin is pefect example. He just looks like a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I wouldn't like them on fellas myself either. They're just not very masculine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Ah don't be silly you don't need to be skinny to wear skinny jeans, thats just something skinny people say *does dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Not keen on them on men, I have to say.

Love my ones though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Any guy that wears them is a bit of a d.ickhead... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_5uVdy5YmA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Cill94

Have to say that having started college now I'm finding it pretty ridiculous how probably half the male students are wearing skinny jeans of bright colours ranging from maroon to fecking yellow.

It's beginning to look like the total demise of masculinity in the western world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Has anyone ever been on a night out and had someone wearing these jeans line up near you at a urinal , watch them try to get them down to take a piss I could go get another pint and come back an they'd still be trying to get them down. They look awful , hugely uncomfortable and I really don't know what type of woman they would attract...Imagine borrowing a pair of jeans from your sister and then telling her your straight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The worst invention since the atomic bomb!

Plus it seems now you just can't get bootcut jeans anywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

kfallon wrote: »

Pennys!

QFT. All I want are normal jeans!

Everytime I go shopping for a pair I'm instead presented with a wide variety of: jeans with holes in them, jeans that cripple your bollocks, jeans that have been purposely worn out, jeans that come in all the colours of the rainbow but not dark blue, jeans that have stitching all over them, jeans with 1,000 + pockets, and jeans that someone has spilled bleach all over.

And people actually pay extra for this ****e? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

They remind of the eejit on x factor from a few years ago. Frankie Cocozaa. A Fukking attention seeking prick in need of hair brush.
    Ridiculous looking yokes altogether, and even worse looking on a fat fella.
    What do people be thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seeing those guys with the skinny jeans, dainty little shoes and the hats resting on the back of their skulls makes me feel very manly by comparison, so I'm all for it now. I could take these girlyboys down with ease if they'd come close enough for me to hook the fcukers with my cane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Cill94 wrote: »
    QFT. All I want are normal jeans!

Everytime I go shopping for a pair I'm instead presented with a wide variety of: jeans with holes in them, jeans that cripple your bollocks, jeans that have been purposely worn out, jeans that come in all the colours of the rainbow but not dark blue, jeans that have stitching all over them, jeans with 1,000 + pockets, and jeans that someone has spilled bleach all over.

And people actually pay extra for this ****e? :rolleyes:

Stop going to River Island then. For all your effeminate clothing needs.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Pennys!

I don't want to run the gauntlet of a load of menopausal ould wans just for the sake of a pair of jeans that the arse might be gone out of them in a week tbh!

That place is crazy at the best of times, downright dangerous at the worst :(

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

1. Men should never wear skinnies.
    2. Larger women should never wear skinnies.
    3. Women with large thighs should never wear skinnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

In terms of attracting the opposite sex, they'd be like a woman wearing a really tight T-Shirt with a big arrow printed on the front and the words, "Look I have no tits, I'm flat chested"

From an evolutionary attractiveness standpoint its like wearing a sign that says, "I am a weedy, skinny legged male who won't be able to defend you from the Sabre Tooth Tiger/Other tribe"

evilmonkee wrote: »
    1. Men should never leave skiddies.
    2. Larger women should never leave skiddies.
    3. Women with large thighs should never leave skiddies.

The above is also very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Why is everyone focusing on how men look in them?

I think women look great in skinny jeans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Thank Christ for that, a thoroughly Irish male obsession.
    Skinny jeans look great on slim women I think, and some men can pull them off (:eek:!!!!!!!1), usually taller slimmer men, Russell Brand and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

for gods sake this thread is a year old

people are confusing skinny jeans (the skin tight painted on ones) with slim fitted jeans.

slim fitting trousers are comfortable and they're stylish. gone are the days that its a "hipster" thing. its a social norm.

you all sound like a bunch of grannys complaining about what some people like to wear. get over yourselves.

Stop going to River Island then. For all your effeminate clothing needs.

Actuallly last time I had this issue it was in a shop as big as Arnott's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Skinny women with narrow thighs can get away with them.

Maybe tall, skinny lads too. But whatever your shape if you're a guy, you just look like you're wearing a pair of womens tights.

I couldn't give a ****e what clothes people choose to wear though, however ridiculous I think you look. I'm sure certain folks wonder what the **** I'm at when they see the clothes I wear but it doesn't matter one jot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Bootcut jeans look more ridiculous than skinny jeans imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Festy wrote: »
    Bootcut jeans look more ridiculous than skinny jeans imo.

the worse fitting jeans ever surely.
    they look terrible but if someone wants to wear them fine its no big deal, wear whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Thank Christ for that, a thoroughly Irish male obsession.
    Skinny jeans look great on slim women I think, and some men can pull them off (:eek:!!!!!!!1), usually taller slimmer men, Russell Brand and all that.

I don't get why really slim guys like to wear them. They just end up looking like a rake and skinnier again.

Hardly a good look is it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

If your legs can fit in a pair of skinny jeans its time to hit the squat rack chicken legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

1ZRed wrote: »
    I don't get why really slim guys like to wear them. They just end up looking like a rake and skinnier again.

As a tall skinny guy I hate these yokes!
    Tried them on once.
    Sweet jesus my bolox was strangled! and the fact that my legs looked like a pair of twigs!
    Much prefer the branch look!
    More manly:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Totally wrong on a male but worse on the "large" size women just wrong wrong wrong

1ZRed wrote: »

I think it is a good look in some cases, rock stars etc, but not a lot of people can pull it off yeah

Personnally, I prefer flared jeans. I can take em on and off without going to the bother of taking off shoes.

Then again, I am a lazy bar-steward.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The most ridiculous cut of jean on anyone is bootcut. Bootcut jeans and silly looking brown shoes makes you look like a farmer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gahsux

Skinny jeans accentuate the crotch and ass. This is not something I want my eyes drawn to on a guy.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

awec wrote: »
    The most ridiculous cut of jean on anyone is bootcut. Bootcut jeans and silly looking brown shoes makes you look like a farmer. :)

And what would you suggest men with size 12+ feet wear?

awec wrote: »

At least one's genitalia are intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

And what would you suggest men with size 12+ feet wear?

Clown shoes, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Confab wrote: »
    Clown shoes, obviously.

I asked for that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I personally think they are revolting on Men and women. they just look odd.

I could not get my big toe into a pair of them as I have giant thighs and calfs from Years cycling and playing Rugby in the front row. Even if I could find a pair and I havent looked I would not look good in them.

What really annoys me though is I cant find my usual comfortable boot cut baggy jeans anywhere as the shalf space is stacked with these nonsence jeans and as for shirts I'm not fat but I am well built.
    I cant fit into and will never be able to fit into slim fit shirts, I just look like the incredable hulk about to burst out of them.

Seriously clothing stores can there not be space for normal sized people on the shelves too...

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

At least one's genitalia are intact.
    Why wouldn't it be intact in skinny jeans? :confused: They aren't that much different in the crotch area to any other jeans, they are tighter in the legs.

Fair enough not everyone likes them, they don't suit everyone. This bootcut craze irish men have though is comical.

The reason you don't find boot cut in the shops is that nobody wears the damn things, because they look silly. :)

spoofilyj wrote: »
    I personally think they are revolting on Men and women. they just look odd.

I could not get my big toe into a pair of them as I have giant thighs and calfs from Years cycling and playing Rugby in the front row. Even if I could find a pair and I havent looked I would not look good in them.

What really annoys me though is I cant find my usual comfortable boot cut baggy jeans anywhere as the shalf space is stacked with these nonsence jeans and as for shirts I'm not fat but I am well built.
    I cant fit into and will never be able to fit into slim fit shirts, I just look like the incredable hulk about to burst out of them.

Seriously clothing stores can there not be space for normal sized people on the shelves too...

Maybe go on a diet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

As someone already said, you have to differentiate between what "skinny jeans" are. There are normal fitting jeans, slim, skinny and then pained skinny (or called something along those lines.)

It's only the painted on ones that I think look ridiculous.

I think I have a pair of skinny chinos :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement