Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox vs PS updates

Options
  • 17-12-2011 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭

Right, posting this because i saw in the Skyrim thread that the latest patch is a 94mb download for the PS3, yet my patch for the Xbox version was 4mb. Actually, every patch/update for every game i've had on the Xbox has been 4mb (3x4mb updates for MW3 so far!).

Why is it that the PS3 has updates which are much much bigger?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

No idea about PS3 as i dont normally take notice of updates as they take way to long to download so i go do something else while i wait. But im pretty sure those 4mb updates on Xbox are like anti-piracy checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Skyrim on PS3 has/had some major problems with frame rates after the save files got a certain size so im guessing hte ps3 patch has more **** included than the xbox one. Generally the ps3 stuff seems to be larger anyway.. no idea why.

Advertisement