Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Apple juice

Options
  • 17-12-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a switch from clear apple juice to cloudy apple juice for this product for all products with a best before date after July 2012. Would informing customers of the change not be helpful? Or even staff I've brought back a couple of cartons because I prefer the taste of clear apple juice and I thought that it was just a faulty batch but the issue has presisted.
    http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/414%5C5000436779414%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Food & Drink

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Has anyone else noticed a switch from clear apple juice to cloudy apple juice for this product for all products with a best before date after July 2012. Would informing customers of the change not be helpful? Or even staff I've brought back a couple of cartons because I prefer the taste of clear apple juice and I thought that it was just a faulty batch but the issue has presisted.
    http://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/414%5C5000436779414%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

What reply did you get back from Tesco Customer Service Dept?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

What reply did you get back from Tesco Customer Service Dept?
    Customer service? I don't know what its supposed to be like, if you aren't happy give it to me and I'll give you a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think His Grace was suggesting that your query would be better answered by Tesco rather than strangers on the internet. That's all...

Customer service? I don't know what its supposed to be like, if you aren't happy give it to me and I'll give you a refund

Its better to call the free phone number on the product if you want anything done about it, Customer Service in stores 9 times out of 10 just give you a refund or replacement product and don't bother with the paperwork or fob you off with bull so the problem still exists and never corrected in time. Tesco have a fancy computerised reporting system for quality problems at the Customer Service desk but staff avoid using it as much as possible. My advice is first double check the juice doesn't say cloudy on the packaging. If not follow the below:

1. Ask Customer Service in the Store to Log your quality problem, they should record your name, quality problem, batch code etc and also the SC(site code) on the packaging. Its on back or side of most Tesco Packaging below the company address usually. Sometimes Tesco may have two factories or suppliers producing the same product.

2. A week later ring the Customer Service Dept number thats on all Tesco packaging if Tesco have not contacted you since to 1. See that the store correctly sent your complaint 2. Check the Progress of your complaint.

Tesco Customer Service dept in Dundee should have passed your complaint on to the Tesco Technical people who manage such things as the suppliers and quality issues for particular Tesco branded product areas. It may be that the supplier has incorrectly packed cloudy juice or they changed the product to cloudy but did not update the packaging etc. The Tesco Technical person will iniate an investigation with the supplier and corrective action if they find a problem. You should receive a reply from the supplier via Tesco in due course, But you may have to use the freephone Customer Service more than once IMHO before that happens. Of course the more complaints about a specific product by different customers does raise the chances that they will correct it ASAP,

• Advertisement

I think His Grace was suggesting that your query would be better answered by Tesco rather than strangers on the internet. That's all...

Well to be correct its His Most Reverend Eminence:D

Advertisement