Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Really Stupid Questions

• 17-12-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'll admit these are pretty silly questions but I don't know what the answers are!

We have a 99 Micra and the button beside the hazzards I have no idea what it does. I'm guessing it's something to do with heat and the windscreen but what does it do exactly?

185518.JPG

Also just below the air condition there's a control which indicates something to do with the air conditioning but I'm not sure what.

185519.JPG

Can anyone help answer two very silly questions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

The first one is your rear window heater, to be used to remove condensation or assist in defrosting. I imagine it will light up when pressed.

The second button, when slid all the way to the right will introduce fresh air from the outside into the car via the vents. When slid to the left it will recirculate air around the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Firat one clears the rear window if its fogger up, or icy.

Second one allows you to switch from fresh air being pulled from outside, to recirculating the air that's already in the car. I've only found this ever to be useful when driving by a particularly oderous landfill site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ah many thanks guys, I appreciated it. Hmnn so nothing to help clear the front windscreen. What would be best for that, a cloth and some lukewarm water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

turn the heat to the top and the one to the left o it to the windscreen icon, its similar to the icon in the first pic but rounded and turn the fan to the highest setting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

No no no, the first one is the anti tool destruct button, press this when you see someone either driving badly, using foglights, parking crap, driving a scannger banger or anything else we on boards do not agree with...

The second is a radio jammers, helps you stop those pesky foreign spies...

Or else it it just as the others pointed out above. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, but only stupid answers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

As the previous poster said: Set the dial on the left as per this picture with the air on high temp & max strength.

medium_Demister.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

The first is an anti roll bar coupling control. the second allows you to adjust your cars torsional rigidity.

Pretty standard stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Benny Cake wrote: »
    As the previous poster said: Set the dial on the left as per this picture with the air on high temp & max strength.

medium_Demister.jpg

And press the A/C button if you have one. The A/C removes humidity from the air and will clear the windows much more effectively.

I got full climate control on my last car and don't think i could go back to a manual system. Set it to Auto and just tweak the temperature dial up or down and the car is always comfy.

Advertisement