Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stocking up for Doomsday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

Anyone with a garden shed/garage that clean is not going to survive for long :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Anyone with a garden shed/garage that clean is not going to survive for long :P.
    Never mind that their survival plans and faces are now plastered all over the Mail...

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Never mind that their survival plans and faces are now plastered all over the Mail...

I'm sure the husband has instructions to defend the place while she dusts and puts the vacuum around before the "visitors" arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I give them about a week to survive after that little show&tell!:D:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I give them about a week to survive after that little show&tell!:D:rolleyes:
    Twould appear the finer points of survival philosophy have eluded the family Shaw alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Hmmm, wonder how hard it is to track a company director down in that location and plan a Christmas raid on that year supply of food and wine (did you see the wine rack!).

Whats the thoughts, 6 weeks or one years supply? 6 weeks would get one over most humps.

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Hmmm, wonder how hard it is to track a company director down in that location and plan a Christmas raid on that year supply of food and wine (did you see the wine rack!).

Whats the thoughts, 6 weeks or one years supply? 6 weeks would get one over most humps.
    My guess is its not a factual article, purely by dint of the way they have a freezer full of food. If you're going to plan a survival stash, you have to expect extended power outages, which means whatever is in your freezer has about a four day shelf life, so unless they did zero research, it all seems a bit fishy. The daily mail strikes again! The probably fictional Mrs Shaw is a rather fine bit of crumpet with that said. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Their neighbours will be relieved to know they have no need to stockpile anything as this couple have done all the work for them and they can just pop over and take everything plus ''first right to the apocalyptic night'' with the wife :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And "shelter skelter syndrome" raises its head right away.:):rolleyes:

Anyone in the class watch it yet???:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

My guess is its not a factual article, purely by dint of the way they have a freezer full of food. If you're going to plan a survival stash, you have to expect extended power outages, which means whatever is in your freezer has about a four day shelf life, so unless they did zero research, it all seems a bit fishy. The daily mail strikes again! The probably fictional Mrs Shaw is a rather fine bit of crumpet with that said. :p

I'd also wonder where they dragged the pictures of the Shaws up from :confused: Would Daily Mail reader Mrs Shaw have here picture taken wearing shoes that are not the latest fashion (or at least not the latest fashion according to the Mails fashion pages)?

I'm not a fashion expert but I bet the pictures are from a couple of years back.

• Advertisement

I'd also wonder where they dragged the pictures of the Shaws up from :confused: Would Daily Mail reader Mrs Shaw have here picture taken wearing shoes that are not the latest fashion (or at least not the latest fashion according to the Mails fashion pages)?

I'm not a fashion expert but I bet the pictures are from a couple of years back.
    And for my next thread, how to sport the latest in Parisian springwear as the apocalypse draws nigh! :D

And for my next thread, how to sport the latest in Parisian springwear as the apocalypse draws nigh! :D

Or how to check up on the current price of wheetabix.

And if only I had the software they use in CSI I could pinpoint their location but the colour of the wood used in the shed and blow up the pictures with perfect resolution and read the best before dates :rolleyes:.

Agent_47 wrote: »

6 weeks would be about 5 weeks and 6 days more than most people will have but really depends on what you are planning to survive and how you intend to carry on after the one year or 6 weeks if your still alive and "normality" hasn't been restored.

Its not something I've done anything about but I'd like to have supplies for 2 different types of "hump" one for about 4-6weeks where you can see over the hump and another supply where the end is not insight, that would include stores of seed potatos, veg seed and not just food.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Why would anyone stock up on Fairy washing powder...it would be fairly low on my list of priorities (and no smart comments about my hygeine!). Just would've thought that electricity might not be a given therefore manual washing would be in order. Same goes for a freezer full of food unless they've a jennie somewhere.

I see plenty of beans, toilet roll and weetabix, wouldn't have thought from looking at the picture that there's food enough to last 2 people a year though.

I'm sure the husband has instructions to defend the place while she dusts and puts the vacuum around before the "visitors" arrive.

I am now picturing that scene from Pulp Fiction. ''Spiders caught a fly''
    Cue the husband in a gimp costume.
    You'd want to be very careful about walking into a trap in a lawless environment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bonniebede

looks like about a weeks shopping to me, hope they know how to ration !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Fairly impressive, hope whatever theyre expecting never comes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

bonniebede wrote: »
    looks like about a weeks shopping to me, hope they know how to ration !

I hope they're hiding the real stash somewhere else because if it's the contents of that shed their shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

"do you like our nice wardrobe"

FFS, what are they showing here... a couple posing away in front of a wardrobe... how boring!

article-2075371-0F3145AA00000578-501_306x642.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Maybe it's a survival wardrobe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Yer man reminds me a bit of this fella

Joe-Duffy_RTE_Feb012009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Nothing says loot me like two bottles of Bollinger. Just because the world has ended one must not let standards slip.

CamperMan wrote: »
    "do you like our nice wardrobe"

FFS, what are they showing here... a couple posing away in front of a wardrobe... how boring!

article-2075371-0F3145AA00000578-501_306x642.jpg

maybe being well dressed during an apocalypse is a sign that you are either completely nuts or in control and not dropping your standards. I'm still undecided :confused:

Advertisement