Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance timing problem

• 17-12-2011 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at a car this evening at 7pm and fully intend to buy it. However, my insurer (123) close at 6pm and don't reopen until Monday morning.

If I buy the car at 7pm, I can't insure myself on it with 123 until Monday. On the other hand, if I insure myself on it now (I'm virtually certain to buy it), the insurance on the vehicle that I currently own is instantly invalidated - which is a problem in the event that I don't buy the car at 7pm, unlikely as that is.

Any solutions? 123 tell me there's no way around it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Do a temp. transfer from 7pm, but get a lift in another car to the viewing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Would buying the insurance online and setting the start time to 7pm not do it? Or have you to wait for it to be processed before its valid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'd call your insurer.

I was unsure if my car would be repaired as I was collecting it on a Saturday so the aa arrange to do a temp transfer and also to keep it on both cars until Monday morning when the office reopened so I could extend the temp transfer if needed. They said its a service they offer for such an occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

As Henry says, do a temp sub for an hour or so from 7pm. It will allow you drive the car home if you do buy it. If you don't buy it, it will automatically revert back to your own car after the hour is up.

Less hassle, IMO to just pick up the car on Monday and sort out the insurance then but the above will work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Thanks folks, problem solved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement