Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phones from hong kong

Options
  • 17-12-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

hi guys/gals

i have bought two of these mobile phones one for me (gold) and one for my dad (black), i am now worrying as it is coming form hong kong

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1507066404...ht_4907wt_1185

amyone here know anything about these

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

The link to the ebay item is now invalid, since it's been sold.

What phone was it? Irrespective of whatever features they have, the phones coming from Hong Kong generally have rubbish build quality, are unreliable and arent guaranteed to be supported by Irish networks - although they still should work.

Unlikely you'll have it until the new year.

What phone was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

What are you worried about in particular? The phones themselves or delivery?

The phones themselves are unlikely to be very good or very functional regardless of the features the seller claims they have.

As for the delivery, i'd say if you've only bought them today you're almost guaranteed not to have them before the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_c905-2427.php

Specs here.
    It is an old enough phone but seems to be well enough spec'd for its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you paid £90 it's a bit of a rip off... You can get much better modern phones for half that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Sale date: 10/12/11

am i after buying a pup :confused:

Apologies, I assumed it was some iPhone knockoff or a dodgy TV phone which is the case usually. SE phones are grand, and it's a decent phone itself. Unlikely to be here before xmas but you might be lucky.

=] i was thinking how i was going to return it after i read that

TBH the arrival date is the least of my worries, just hope its not a pup, wonder is there anything i will need to do to it to get it to work here

If you paid £90 it's a bit of a rip off... You can get much better modern phones for half that.

i mainly want it for the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

It may well be delayed at the Customs, and the fees will reduce the bargain aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 super70

Dont be put off buying from China, you get a lot of negative vibes from people who have never gone there, I have and have nothing but praise for my suppliers. Goods left China on Monday and arrived in Dublin on the following Thursday, everything ship shape and in Bristol fashion.

• Advertisement

i was in china for two weeks mad place

Advertisement