Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Homecare

Options
  • 16-12-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I bought two sets of Christmas lights in Atlantic Homecare in Liffey Valley last January, thinking I was really clever because they were discounted!! Needless to say, I stored them carefully (in the attic) and took them out this week to put on the tree.

Upshot is that neither set work. Went back to Atlantic today to ask them for advise (or even to just see if they could get them going).

Without a receipt, they wouldn't even discuss them (notwithstanding the fact that 1.) I wasn't asking for a refund & 2.) that they have the Atlantic sticker still on them.

Not the end of the world as they are only worth Eur70 full price anyway, but based on my experience and those outlined on this thread, I'd recommend that you shop elsewhere if you would like to have any comeback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd recommend that you shop elsewhere if you would like to have any comeback.

The better advice would be to not wait a year before checking your purchase, and keep your receipt if you want to get anywhere (advice or otherwise).

This is a case of consumer at fault, not retailer.

This thread is also two years old, and did not need to be dragged up with false and misleading information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

jor el wrote: »
    The better advice would be to not wait a year before checking your purchase, and keep your receipt if you want to get anywhere (advice or otherwise).

This is a case of consumer at fault, not retailer.

This thread is also two years old, and did not need to be dragged up with false and misleading information.

Obviously you are entitled to your view. Equally, I am not looking for a refund.

All I am doing is putting people on notice of an experience so that they might take the appropriate steps to protect themselves.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Incidentally, where is the 'false & misleading information'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Incidentally, where is the 'false & misleading information'?

Telling people to be wary of Atlantic Homecare when it was your own mistake that has led to not getting any help from them. If you had checked the product sooner, and kept your receipt, you would have had no problem. By going back and asking for help with a product that you can't prove you bought there, you're painting them in a completely unwarranted negative light.

Advertisement